Elektron Analog Keys : Is discontinued

Specifically use their Price Guide :

That graphs over time what something actually sold for.

I assume that works in Europe like it does in the US.

2 Likes

My very good Keys sold for only Ā£375 on eBay about 1 year ago. My fault for not putting a reserve on it. The buyer got a great deal though. My current Keys is on sale here for some time but no takers. I think itā€™s a buyers market for niche gear nowadays.

4 Likes

I like the AK. A lot. Itā€™s underrated for sure. For the first time I understand those people who buy a ā€˜spareā€™ in case their favourite instrument goes out of production.

6 Likes

This is one of the few instruments I play often so I have a rough idea what the repairs cost. Iā€™ve had mine since 2014 no issues yet. Itā€™s a studio piece not a gigging workstation though

2 Likes

Never happened. Even though I agree. It is unique!

Lets check back again in another four years.

Iā€™m not selling mine even for those prices.

1 Like

Fully agree - I seriously believe that weā€™ll look at a doubled price in 4-5 years from now. Iā€™ve got 2 myself and cannot for the life of me see what would make me sell them, ever.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re special synths for sure. I like them more than the new a4.

2 Likes

Some lucky sod just got one from ebay.co.uk for Ā£441 including shipping! Thatā€™s ridiculous

4 Likes

Even with VAT and import fees that is a steal

I was tempted to bid just to flip it on reverb.com (already got A4mk2 and DK so really donā€™t need AK) but I figured Iā€™d let it go to somebody who actually wants it. Hopefully it didnā€™t go to somebody else looking to flip it!

1 Like

Ooft! And I was chuffed with getting my AK delivered with a deck saver for cĀ£550 a month it so back.

Absolutely crazy prices on A4/AKs just now

2 Likes

I saw one used in good condition on the local used market for 550ā‚¬ and couldnā€™t quite believe it ā€” was SO tempted, but donā€™t have the space for it atm and am in love with my A4mk1, but man, discipline disciplineā€¦ :slight_smile:

hi :wink:

11 Likes

Congratulations! :smiley:

Cheers! And donā€™t worry itā€™s coming to a loving homeā€¦ it will just have to share the love between my mk1 and mk2 (yes I have a problem)

7 Likes

Glad you got a good deal. A keybed version of the A4 seems amazing. Flick that joystick

3 Likes

Shame they canā€™t be polychained to create an Analog 12! Enjoy your new Keys all the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ā€œHi. My name is tehbilb, and Iā€™m an analogoholic.ā€

Does Elektronauts Anonymous have a 16 Step Plan? :thinking:

2 Likes

But a Analog 4 ainā€™t one :laughing:

6 Likes