Elektron 3.5mmTRS > DIN MIDI adapters

Price = Ouch

Elektron CA-3 - 3.5mm to 5-pin DIN MIDI Adaptor (Pair)

EDIT: clearer title

I would hope that Elektron used the Midi standard for this connection, in which case you can used any of the other connectors for this too.

They did, and you can also change to polarity to the “other” standard, so any adapters should work. The price of these doesn’t give me a lot of hope for a sensible price on the battery handle, though.

What “other Elektron gear” has such connections for MIDI? The Sweetwater page mentions that twice. Is there already something available, or is this perhaps referring to some future product?

Elektron accessories are definitely on the pricey side – although not impossibly expensive at the same time. I have their OverHub and like it very much.

Nice extra thought to make the midi port polarity selectable. Leave it to Elektron.

I imagine the Powerhandle will be nice.

What “other Elektron gear” has such connections for MIDI?

All the future Model: products.

Yeah and those adapters look niiiice too, ones I’ve gotten packed in with other products are just black plastic.

Edited again to make it clearer

Picture added, bit odd to sell a pair when the box ships with one and you can only use two, but these look nice and they’re not that expensive for two - though you get a bit more in the CV kit for similar money - when I make these types of things I just go male to male, so it’s not an adaptor it’s a lead - it’s a classy touch to make the internal TRS wiring ‘switchable’ for folk wishing to use straight TRS to TRS for korg/arturia/etc stuff

For sure and they are very nice quality. I’m all in on the Powerhandle, as long as it’s not completely absurd, since it’s one of the main reasons I picked up the M:S.

https://www.conrad.pl/p/kabel-przejsciowka-speaka-professional-5-pinowy-din-z-na-jack-m-35-mm-02-m-325132?&vat=true&gclid=CjwKCAiAkrTjBRAoEiwAXpf9Ce_KbgPxvXIPYDVBiFkrHRxJ9h2inqwucGENmmPM8Z_2YvRX5mIEfxoCcwsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

They don’t look as good as the original ones, and I hope they work, but cost a fraction of the price (15 pln is like 3,5 euro).

The inside wire count and gauge of those will almost certainly be less than on the Elektron one. If you’re careful they may last. But I know from experience that even nice looking 3.5mm leads can fail if they’re made to a budget or if they’re not used gently. Cheap enough to roll the dice though!