Elektron 3.5mmTRS > DIN MIDI adapters

Wow. Cycles comes with two adapters. Really M:S only ships with one?

My MS came with 2

So did my MC

2 Likes

The adaptor itself isnā€™t, but the device is. Iā€™m pretty sure the adaptor is type A.

4 Likes

They settled that all the new products that use these connectors will run on Type A adapters.

3 Likes

Ah good, thatā€™s how it should be. I just saw a few older comments claiming only one adapter was included. Odd!

As the M:S and M:C can work with any trs midi gear ( korg/ novation) you do not even need themā€¦just a trs cable will do, is what I use.
M:C comes with 2 such adapters

2 Likes

Yeah - itā€™s a type A according to this list, bizarrely the keystep is quoted as a type B which would mean hitting the settings menu on the MC, except that the KS is in fact using DIN sockets ! So the article is maybe a bit suspect

The older legacy adaptors are indeed different, pins 4 and 5 would be reverse wired on B adaptors

1 Like

Yeah, just got my M:S a few weeks ago and it also came with 2 adapters.

My Model:Samples came with two adapters as well, they are both Type A. Happily, the Model Samples can use either Type A or Type B for output thanks to the option to switch polarity. It can also use both types for input, and it detects it automatically, so thereā€™s no setting to change. For example, I use a Type B adapter to input/output from/to my Minilogue XD (which takes Type A), so it shouldnā€™t work, but it does because the M:S is awesome.

If you are in the US, this is the best place to buy these adapters:

Type A

Type B

They are about $10 each after shipping. Cheaper than Amazon, and supporting a good music shop (in LA).

To be precise : 1/8ā€™ā€™ TRS cable

To be precise, assuming you mean inches, that is almost 10% out. Itā€™s 3.5mm as per topic title. To be precise :wink:

1 Like

My bad. I was thinking the Imperial way.

3500 micrometers

3 Likes

I prefer 3500000 nanometres, sounds like you are getting more for your money :laughing:

3 Likes

Those imperialists, always thinkingā€¦anyway 2,1748e-5 miles :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not even in an Imperial System Country.:shushing_face:

i have tried with non Elektron cheap cables,change the polarity,just doesnā€™t work

The dude that sold me his samples didnt send the cable. Dammit! Now i canĀ“t use it.
Alright, had to make one myself but it looks like crap and iĀ“m pissed because i should get the correct one.

Hereā€™s a great resource on everything Minijack MIDI, including a database which machines use which standard and diagrams how the adapters are wired. Maybe the link is helpful to anyone else, I use it all the time for reference.

https://minimidi.world/

2 Likes

has anyone created a piece of software yet than can turn your laptop headphone port into a midi port via these adaptors?

1 Like