Electronic Beats TV (Telekom)

See if you can find the same studio space in a different video…

Those “artist” videos always makes me suspicious too. Especially when they are german. She seems very unsympathic to me. I don´t like her. And i am allowed to say this. I am german too. :wink:

I am still searching for the many submenus on my A4…

4 Likes

DJs who have weekly gigs for years usually have cash enough to start a studio. and i’m guessing berlin is full of gear and studio spaces. I bet some spaces are shared too.

2 Likes

Yeah… it’s pretty freakin’ easy to tell people that when you’re in a studio filled with gear incl. a Cirklon, TR-909, TR-808, Avalon Bassline, Analog Rytm, modular system and loads of other kit. :laughing: :rofl:

FWIW, I liked the video and her style (wasn’t previously familiar with her).

2 Likes

Man, ireally want a cirklon. I feel like it’s something i could sink my teeth into. I love all my synths for their deep potential. As soon as i gather disinterest, i find something else about it i like. her set up it super wicked.

1 Like

I love EB TV! It’s a solid connection to Berlin based artists and techno and seeing what they are up to.

I think a lot of those artists have been doing it for a long time and are now being featured as “Ones to Watch” cause maybe they haven’t had a big break yet or who knows.

But…through today’s price frame their gear is expensive. Just think though that only 5 years ago a 909 could be had for less than $2k, and before that even less. So a studio with a bunch of x0x could’ve been had for what 1 would cost now.

I’ve been buying and selling vintage gear for a long time and to think that just 10 years ago I frowned on old Simmons stuff etc. Not a lot was known or no one cared back then at least in the US. I traded a JX3P and $200 cash for a Minibrute (GAG!!!) WTF was I thinking. MB was new. Juno 106’s were $400 on eBay all day long…I snagged 2x for $200 each on Craigslist. So it’s definitely a different world now and just cause they are new to the viewing population doesn’t mean they haven’t been in the game for a long time.

2 Likes

I guess you could have built up a studio over 10 years spending 3k a year on your “hobby” and only now getting noticed. But yea, “up and coming” always makes me think some poor kid in their bedroom is going to think they NEED all this gear just to be “up and coming” :frowning:

2 Likes

A pro music studio with a price tag of a premium(ish) family car is still on the small budget spectrum imho :wink:

5 Likes

I also like " one to watch" and then the one you’re supposed to watch doesnt play live…

Oh the age of irony.

2 Likes

What a badass respect! What’s her mixer?

Midas 320?

3 Likes

re: one to watch. there’s a lot of working DJs over there. it’s way more active than the states. so i think a lot of people stay under the radar simply because it’s hard to get notices as a producer even when noticed as a DJ and making a living.

but it’s just what they call the segment. it could just as easily be called “On our Radar” or something. elevating DJs and producers to broaden their audience and provide them w/all kinds of content for their channel.

anyway… i like the gear talk videos and stuff. it’s interesting to see people making techno in a techno world. the energy of the scene comes through in many of the people they interview.

3 Likes

Looking at that kid’s studio makes me wish I’d learned to DJ.

2 Likes

Don’t underestimate the role a trust fund can have on a musical career. That, or success in a previous career.

7 Likes

I get being jealous of or admiring her studio but please refrain from judging people and how they acquired their gear. you don’t know others’ lives, after all. besides, us decently-paid desk jockeys who spend too much on gear and won’t ever be regarded as “one to watch” are very offended :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

back to what’s important: is that a dog or cat bed under the SH-101… :thinking:

8 Likes

I like these videos. Naty seems to know her shit. She’s very serious and seems super knowledgeable about everything happening in her studio. Very focused, probably how she has that setup. Gonna go listen to her tracks now :running_man:

2 Likes

that was my impression too. very much sorta punk rock utilitarian mindset. the machines are just tools.

2 Likes

Cool studio, cool person!
My view on some of the comments below/above:
I have a friend who has great machines that I drool over and want.
I have another friend who has borrowed my microbrute and would love to have the gear I have.

2 Likes

Yeah… Quality techno.
https://www.residentadvisor.net/tracks/925198

1 Like

probably a hybrid , tiny good boi life :dog:

1 Like

There was a dog in the video.

3 Likes