Editor for Analog Four

yes!

this should come in handy. I was just thinking what a pain in the ass it is to setup performance knobs.

im all about nostalgia and getting away from the pc screen but come on :slight_smile:

also, no randomizer, no mutator, no fading between patches is a downer…maybe this patch and the reaktor one are the answer!

@complex/minimal

I’m using this way for NRPN messages.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/bt6kk79p6y548mv/nrpn_randomizer.maxpat

You need to set MSB LSB number for each parameter.

thankyou. you have been a great help :]

really shows some of the crazy modulation you can do with the A4

My tempest is sitting on the floor being all sad ¬¬

@complex/minimal
You have great synth!
I couldn’t decide between A4 or tempest.

I update all my patches.
So don’t use older versions any more.

And I released new M4L patch.
This isn’t related to A4.
If you have any interest please check.
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1947/pocketseq2

tempest has no midi implementation yet! it is useless for me until then… elektron has so much more control without limitation

Got it working so far
You did a great job hyakken. THX

2 more ideas/questions:

would it be possible to send all parameter settings from the editor
to the a4? so, if you load an ableton project with the M4L editor, all
settings would load on the A4 as well. like total recall.

it would be great to “get” all parameters from the a4 as well. like you load a
sound on the a4, the editor “grabs” all parameters and display them accordingly correct.

the first is possible with Max and is the simplest way to get in sync, the second is not directly possible because there are no request that can be sent to the A4 - we need to ask Elektron for this, I do, often !

1 Like

@complex/minimal
In my country, We got price revision .
So tempest is really expensive now.It’s almost double the price of A4!

@dubmo
About first your idea,I will add "send all"function by the next update.
Maybe this weekend, so wait a moment.

And about second idea,I really want to add that function,
but as avantronica mentioned already, there is no request parameter function in A4.
So I can’t add that function at the moment.

Great response, thx for implementing!

So. we`ll wait if elektron come up with smth. in a future update.

hmm the full version is different in the way it communicates with a4 it seems. i have to run an external maxmsp patch inside max runtime first? and then start ableton and add the editor? i just did that and now i cant sequence the a4…
demo was a lot easier for some reason.
hopefully ill figure this out on my own

*editor also doesn’t seem to work…

hmm the standalone max patches aren’t working either when i setup the midi in the patch and on the a4 how you showed…ill see if the demo still works, otherwise sometimes is wrong with my setup all of a sudden.

**yeah demo doesnt work either…just ignore this msg until i figure it out :slight_smile:

***ahhh right…i cant use ableton and maxmsp runtime at the same time it seems…midi is stolen by the first app that used the a4 usb interface. whatsup with that? is that working as intended? should i just use an external midi device in ableton, and leave the usb midi to max msp.

@ratsnake
I made setup guide.
So follow this instruction.

I think this should come in useful.

thanks, i’ll check it out as soon as im home.

but i really think it is just a problem with midi on my end.

@hyakken
standalone patch:
looks like you have to press MUTE on each track before the volume control works, after you start the standalone. Other settings seem to work right away. maybe some sort of initialization is needed there for volumes?

• there is no way to send patch data to maxmsp right? would be nice to see the settings set to whatever the patch is on the a4.

M4L:
Works as it should - thanks for the instructions. I missed the importance of the connect button.
** the connect button seems to turn off once you click on other tracks in ableton

• can you make a crazy version - with all of the panels visible for each track? i have a ultra wide monitor hehe.

@ratsnake
check you A4’s OS version.
Sounds like you use older OS.

About sending patch from A4 to the editor,
so far there is no way.

About single size version,
I will try to make that.

oh well.

btw for the envelopes - do you need graphics for that? i can make some if you need, just tell me the format (svg?). I can never remember what number is what curve.

also - will you include arpeggiator control? i know it isn’t part of the sound…but maybe handy to have.

also, everything is working correctly here now. i use m4l version and a different midi interface to sequence the a4. thanks.

*and your tbseq rules

**i would pay for a performance knob editor…i can’t stand setting that up on the a4

@ratsnake
about envelope graphics
Yse,it’s svg file.
Before I tried to make them.But I couldn’t make svg file,so I gave up them.
It would be very helpful,if you do so.

about arpeggiator and perf mode editor
At the moment I can’t make them.
If elektron release midi implementation chart of A4,it’s possible.

Thank your using tbseq.
That is my favorite patch myself!

the perf knobs stuff on reference page D-1 is not useful at all?

those settings are for changing the performance macro values ! - it’s easier to just turn the knobs than to program an editor to do it - there are no commands listed to set up the macros !

@ratsnake
It’s easy to make perf knob controller but set up editor is not.

editor update(v1.62):

added parameter send function to the M4L editor

made single window version of the M4L editor
But there is a window size problem.
It seems MaxMsp has window size limitation.
So I couldn’t make everything visible.

made lite version of the standalone editor

added SH-101 style skin to the standalone editor
http://www.mediafire.com/view/f6ederm96q81zdl/a4-101.jpg

made a4padmini(M4L)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/66qa13pu2hgt9c1/a4padmini.jpg

about a4padmini
You can change circle size and position.
changing circle position:
1.turn on the edit button
2.click and hold a number which is enclosed in a circle and move your mouse
3.turn off the dit button

changing circle size:
1.turn on the edit button
2.Alt + click and hold a number which is enclosed in a circle and move your mouse
3.turn off the edit button

hell yes

**is there a work around, or maybe i am doing something wrong, for the CONNECT button becomes unclicked if i switch to another ableton midi/audio track. anyway to lock it?

***ah whatever there is actually no point in using m4l anyway if you have max runtime and seperate midi setup for ableton and max

****would be cool if the Initialize button would also initialize all the knobs in the editor…so you can kind of synchronize everything

*****can you use this svg? i made all the envelopes and can reformat the svgs however you need