ECC-6 backpack for A4 Mk2 + OT Mk2

Hello, elektronauts.

I got offered a gig in another town, and I need to bring my Minilogue with me. Because I don’t drive, I need to optimize how I carry my gear. Ideally I would like to fit the two Elektron boxes into one backpack.

Is the ECC-6 backpack any good? Can it fit an A4 Mk2 and an OT Mk2? The product description is somewhat vague about this. I assume I also need a protective cover for the A4. My OT already has one. Will all this leave room for cables and PSUs?
And most importantly, will it last? It’s rather pricey but I’m willing to pay the price if its matched by the quality.

It fit my Rytm and a laptop, a power bank, headphones and some cables on a trip yesterday, with a water bottle in a side pocket. There was lots of space left. I’m sure it would fit an Analog mkII and an Octatrack, even with lids. I’d try it, but my OT is packed away at the moment.

It’s excellent. It’s become my daily backpack. I’ve made numerous trips to shops, out of town, to work, on trains and I think a plane trip. To be fair, only a few of those trips included carrying instruments. It’s comfy, spacious and has a good assortment of pockets. I’m fairly gentle with it… I don’t throw it around too much. I’ve had it nearly two years and expect I’ll get at least two more out of it at my current usage. It’s a tough material, and fairly rainproof, but not very padded around the “outside” edge - it’s padded enough where it touches your body, but it wont protect your gear if you get caught in a train door or something.

1 Like

Sounds pretty good. I’ve been using a Uniqlo bag for my OT (with the protective cover on), and it’s also my everyday backpack. I have a sturdy Thon flight case for the A4 but I need a case or bag for the Minilogue, so I’m running out of hands…

Because I also need to carry some clothes, toiletries, my medicine, whatever I need on an overnight trip. For these I could use a sports bag or transform my Uniqlo backpack into a satchel bag.

I’ll wait for a while if anyone else has anything to say and I also asked support if they can advise me with this exact combo of boxes. :slight_smile:
But from your description the ECC-6 sounds promising.

There’s this entire thread on the ECC-6. I’m certain your question will already have been answered there:

2 Likes

Thanks, it didn’t occur to me to search for it in News.

1 Like