EaganMatrix Module for Eurorack from Haken

@richie, yeah, Im hearing on our forum (polyexpression.com) that some that ordered directly from Haken in the US are getting them.
… but I see no signs of it in the EU yet… Schneidersladen don’t even have a date yet.

@Jukka yeah, I only noticed later that the Osmose lacks the audio input …
so that did fuel my gas for this.

my issue, is I do have a habit of going ‘all in’, and getting this and the Osmose feels like this.

also Im still in two minds exactly what does “modular” add to the Eagen Matrix.
Im not going to get much from this module, if I just plug an MPE controller into it, since the Osmose will allow the same kind of thing.

thats not to say I cannot see a use… rather, just wondering how much use Id get from it in a modular context.

100%

If it’s not forever for the Osmose to arrive, i can then evaluate how i feel about using the EaganMatrix. That could help me decide.

Of course some interesting patches specific to the EMM, and a better sense of the things doable with the CV interface would help.

It’s all over though, i’d buy immediately, if additive synthesis / effects, using the audio input was ever implemented.

In the mean time i’ll wait on Osmose.

Im only going to know if I can resist temptation when its available at Schneidersladen :wink:
(the fact I keep checking stock … is not a good sign though !)

interesting, musicstore.com are saying May 30th estimate.
… thats close to Osmose shipping dates, so perhaps Im safe!?

We also have Superbooth, middle May, to stumble through, and EMM will definitely be there.

An event where they introduce, “EMM, meet Osmose. Osmose this is EMM”, would be hard to resist.

they were both there in Sept last year… Haken had the EMM, Continuum and Osmose all sitting in the same little hut… and expressive-e next door in their hut.
(but there were limited units of all of them, so getting hands-on wasn’t really possible)

Edmund Eagen did a really good demo of it, but even then, it felt like he was still grasping possibilities… also of course, he wanted to show how you could work with an MPE controller (or non mpe controller) with it… which was not really my ‘focus’.

they did say the component shortage was going to hamper delivery.

1 Like

Looks like its widely available in Europe now.
Im in the same way I have a Osmose on preorder, i dont think we will see it by the end of the year, so kind of wanting to try the EaganMatrix . The module seem interesting but the Continuu Mini is just a little more money and has all that needs to play it, so kind of split in what to get.

I hopefully receive mine eaganmatrix coming days. Anyone noob tips?

Not to schabby huh :wink:
So much fun! And yes lot’s to learn

2 Likes