Dub Techno Recommendations

7 Likes

Last year we have opened a facebook group for ambient and dub techno releases on bandcamp. Feel free to join this group and discover or post some nice music.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/310603849610498/

1 Like

To my ears, the Topdown Dialectic records are all “unplayed” – sounds like some very complex patches/patterns are defined and allowed to unspool over 5 minutes without interruption. Really a master class in sound design/sequencing.

2 Likes

@PCP and @taxhaven

Topdown Dialectic and Subset will be immediately added to my playlists. Thanks for posting these. Very nice! Very impressive mixing on these. Sounds so lush. And that bass on Subset… damn.

1 Like

Rhythm & sound :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

thanks, just joined the group and posted.

1 Like

How is this not here yet…??

This is my favorite…the break after the distorted bass guitar is bonkers

7 Likes

https://hyponik.com/features/forest-drive-wests-essential-dub-inspired-jams/

Good list from Forest Drive West.

2 Likes

Seen Moritz Von Oswald recently. That live set was otherworldly.

if you havent yet do yourself a favour and check out Vladislav Delay

3 Likes

Upwellings is the best dub-techno ever according to me.

Can also recommend the Telrae mixes by Salz, he got about 5 albums of selected dub tracks.

One of those tracks:

3 Likes

Thanks, great list. I saw him this past september at the Atonal afterparty and he blew my mind. Incredibly pure mix of droney, deep and dub techno. On of the best DJ sets I have heard.

1 Like

Dub techno is my primary interest in electronic music these days. Lots of great stuff already here.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Great stuff! I like my Dub Techno with some old Space Echo sounds and a bit of tape hiss included. Very nice.

1 Like

Besides a lot great recommendations, these two lately found their way into my record crate.

Waage - W1 on Thule - veery reduced but so on-point

Zzzzra - Immanence - deep journey af

6 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! The Zzzzra tracks are great… was hoping they were digital releases as well (not buying much vinyl these days). I was able to find them in case anyone else is interested. Had to support!

1 Like
2 Likes