DT/ST/DN stand - limited time Ikea line

Got 3 tablet and 1 laptop myself. Best budget option I guess? Synth stands are quite pricey these days…

Nice! I was still in need of a good birthday present for my girlfriend next month - guess who’s getting a Swedish House Maffia plaid! (And guess who’s getting the two stand-versions:)

1 Like

Quite wobbly, returning it

What device is on the stand here?

Looks like a Roland Boutique 303…

2 Likes

I just picked one up in the local Ikea and will try it out. Thx for the effort and risking your gear :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

The desk looks pretty solid at a reasonable price

Stands look fine to me for the price. Too bad there is only one angle to setup.
Oh, the laptop stand is not really usable for OT unless you want to be standing up.

Also, I think I will be getting some cork/rubbery matt to make it more sturdy to use.

4 Likes

As mentioned VESA mount definitely the best way to go for Digi’s, IMO

Could repurpose a ceiling mount (i.e. turn it upside down lol) for £15 and have it at whatever angle you want

Depending on your setup you could get a 2/3 arm VESA mount and set yourself up Minority Report style

Yea setup looks nice - and they easy to collapse and move around :ok_hand:

2 Likes

They certainly LOOK like they would slide all over the place at the slightest touch.

Well, surely that could work if screwed down to the table, but then I would have to make up my mind about its position lol.

I was looking at Varidock/Mirai, but yea, a bit pricey for me at the moment. Maybe the OT will get some nicer one.

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

haha - I think for most angles it would work fine freestanding - but I like the idea of screwing it to a wall - extra desk space :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s not that bad actually. I have a standard Ikea desk, some wood top, and I can bang on the Syntakt buttons pretty hard without it moving around. That said, it does shake a little, but not enough for me to even think about it. But yeah, some friction does help. Even just a little black electrical tape around the feet/bar would surely eliminate the problem altogether.

There are actually two angles, although not quite officially :wink: Works great with the flatter angle.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Still too high but I’ve manage to find something suitable for the DT, DN and ST.

I set them on the lowest notch.

4 Likes

link to those?

1 Like

I was just about to post this. Mine isn’t the same exact brand/model but it’s basically identical. Pretty sturdy, adjustable angle and width to suit multiple devices, and it folds up nicely to fit in a travel case. Most of them are $15 or less too.

Easy to find if you search for “portable, adjustable laptop stand” on Amazon.

1 Like

Niiiiiice :grinning: I definitely think yours are better as there are a few tiny issues with the ikea ones.

1 Like

They feel a bit wobbly when you unfold them but once a device is placed on it it’s absolutely fine. No sliding around either.

4 Likes