DT/ST/DN stand - limited time Ikea line

Quick tip in case anyone is looking for a simple and inexpensive stand for your DT/ST/DN. The series from Ikea is called OBEGRÄNSAD (unlimited in Swedish) and is apparently a collaboration with Swedish House Mafia and it’s suitably made out of black steel, just like the Elektron boxes.

Not sure how long this series will run but it’s available now in Sweden at least.

9 Likes

Link to the product page: OBEGRÄNSAD Tablet stand, black - IKEA

It will clearly work well for lots of other gear too, e.g. Roland boutiques and various drum machines and sound modules.

Is that angle fixed?

Unfortunately yes. I find it to be a great angle for a desktop setup, personally, but YMMV.

1 Like

Also, they are definitely low friction. If used on a table like I used for the photo, it will basically move back a little every time you press a button. It’s best used on some sort of desk pad surface, or pushed against something else behind it.

1 Like

Out of stock in the UK… dammit… I would order a bunch of them. Probably Brexit issues. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They even have a desk made for Music production… look at that cute little Minilogue…

3 Likes

Those do look cool, better than the 3D print jobbies.

For the digi boxes my tip would be to find a small VESA mount personally, you can get decent ones for £15 that you can adjust in various ways with no bigger of a footprint.

Use them holes yo

Edit: Prices look a bit juicy right now for some reason, but I have one of these which works well

1 Like

This larger ‘laptop’ one (only 1 £ more) may suit some …

‘feet’ look plastic rather than rubber, hard to be sure

Is it sturdy? Looks like it might slide / topple

1 Like

Damn. Bedroom producers have become such an attractive customer segment?!??

5 Likes

It’s currently available in the UK for pick up.

Yeah it’s too steep for me.

The tablet stand is $10 in the Canadian store, the laptop stand is $15.

1 Like

Great tip, thx. One quick question: can it hold a A4 MK1? Looks like it’s perfect for my digitakt as stated but seems a bit narrow for A4. Anybody has any experience with the A4?

They also sell those monitor stands separately. I think bought a pair of them too, but opted for a standing/sitting desk instead of this fixed height desktop they sell on that photo.

Looks like it’s gonna slide all over the desk with any amount of interaction.

I don’t have one myself but I would guess that would make it feel very unstable. The A4 is 38.5 cm wide, the *takt is just 21.5 cm. So that’s almost twice the width.

Edit: my MPC Live 2 is 41.5 cm wide, so I suppose I could try to place it on this to confirm how bad of a fit it is, but even thinking about it makes me nervous. The rubber feet would all be well outside of the support of the stand, that’s for sure. :joy:

1 Like

That particular customer base multiplied tenfold over the pandemic.

4 Likes

To be honest, it worked surprisingly well with my MPC Live 2. I still wouldn’t recommend it though, it gets a bit shaky when pressing buttons and there are surely more stable stands out there for heavier gear like this.

1 Like