DT/ST/DN stand - limited time Ikea line

I use those cheap £2 plastic stands ikea made … no idea why they’d need Swedish house mafia involved other than obvious marketing nonsense. … are customers so easily duped ? Or maybe I’m too cynical.

Another bonus to these is that once I had my Syntakt propped up on it, instead of laying flat, the operating temperature dropped about 20°F. Not sure why, but it makes it run a lot cooler.

1 Like

Just a wee heads-up.
Swedish House Mafia have done a collaboration with IKEA on a new range of limited edition items.
Really nice studio desk and also vinyl/turntable shelves. If I needed either of these I’d def had grabbed them.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/products/?q=OBEGR%C3%84NSAD

Instead I bought a few of the tablet/drum machine stands.

Was a bit disappointed by the desk when I saw this. Had hoped to get a cheap studio desk with a shelf for a big keyboard, but I realise my expectations were too high :blush:

1 Like

Might get the slippers

1 Like

The stand is a bit more upright than some other stands. It also holds my Syntakt a little bit raised up. The angle and height work well for me compared to other cheap~ish stands.

I like that it folds flat, too. Easy to travel with.

Reckon those Varidock are the best stands I’ve had. Cost more but built like tanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bought two Obegränsad tablet stands today. The stand fits perfectly to the Digitakt. As if it was created specifically for him. The fixed angle is okay for me. With the much lighter MC-101, the stand tends to slip. Here I will have to tinker something with rubber.

I’m trying to get hold of some of these stands and instead I’ve just acquired more computer rage.

Ikea website displays them as ‘in stock’ and ‘available for delivery’ and ‘available for collection’, but every time I get to the checkout it then displays it as ‘unavailable’, ‘out of stock’, and ‘not available for home delivery’. Then if I stop viewing my basket, they show up as available again.

Frustrating to say the least, it won’t even let me order from a different store. Ikea obviously don’t want my money. I have to say, their website is awful too, so bollox to them.

1 Like

The irony - they call it OBEGRÄNSAD but the stock is anything but.

2 Likes

Those look bomber. I’ll pick some up. Thanks for the tip!

:rofl: I had to look up the meaning, but yeah anything but!

1 Like