DT bug reports - OS 1.02

I get this a lot (in fact this is the only crash I have had). Pretty frustrating…

1 Like

You should raise a ticket for this but whilst overbridge is not enabled I am surprised you can get midi to do anything via USB. Usually it would need overbridge enabled.

Other than the stock 8 sounds it comes with, this thing is useless as it is. Unusable in the current state.

People saying “midi in” causes a crash should be more specific. I see some saying midi in from Live. They need to state if its USB midi clock or classic/nonUSB midi from another machine. I had the DT locked and synced from the MPC3000 for hours and no issues on 1.02. Live’s midi over USB has always lacked solid timing and this may cause the DT to freak out on the wavey incoming clock via USB.

I’m getting some crackling noises through the Digitakt output. Tried different audio cables, different midi cables, moving the power supply. Seems to happen much less when I don’t have the RYTM connected with midi.

Anyone else getting this? Only started happening after upgrade to OS 1.02

Had a weird issue where the pattern menu would not come up at all, any time that I pressed the pattern button (the … one under the LCD, not the PTN one) it behaved as if I was holding function and only ever brought up the imp/exp menu, I thought perhaps my DT had a hardware fault, so I ran test mode, rebooted and then it started working properly. Not a bug per se but I thought I’d post it here in case anyone else had the same issue.

Reading all those issues makes me think that maybe I should cancel my preorder and wait to see what happens…

That’s not an issue, you are just accessing the sample menu while trying to use the other parameter and it switches between

1 Like

Yes I have this too. Seems that IMP/EXP gets toggled permanently. Happens all the time

I actually tried via ableton usb to midi & directly analog four to digitakt via midi no usb cables plug in and still crashes after few bars

Crashes when using midi tracks pressing start / stop consecutively

getting the same thing here… not really a flow breaker, but kind of annoying

Yes, it is weird, pressing NO gets you back to the pattern menu, but seems odd to have to do that each time.

1 Like

thats the one i also mentioned yesterday .

happens with a few screens when moving a parameter and moving D at the same time.
good to have a vid showing it …

Not an issue in my opinion. It’s in the Settings menu as well. These menus remember their state, so you can e.g. do something deep inside midi settings, quickly switch out and back into midi settings as needed.

So if you open a menu

• you close it with the NO button, requires multiple presses if you’re in a nested menu
  • you hide it with its menu button, and can get back to where you were at any time
5 Likes

I haven’t had time to isolate this and make a proper bug report yet, but…

I have an audio interface which is also a USB hub.
I have the Digitakt output plugged into the audio interface’s audio inputs. I can listen to the DT via the headphones on the interface using direct monitoring - and I can record the DT on my computer. All good.

If I plug the DT USB into the interface’s USB… even though I’m not sending anything over that USB (I used it to transfer samples, but just left it), - but no MIDI over that USB in either direction… then… direct monitoring sounds fine, but the recording on the computer has periodic noise. The waveform has these horrible bursts of square waves all over it!

Now here’s the kicker: I was using a USB cable I already had, and have been using for months. I swapped it for the USB cable that came with the DT, and all was good again. Okay, you say, so that is a bad USB cable… But, using it, with my Circuit, in exactly the same way (audio from circuit to interface, usb between them - same exact cables) - and all is fine. WAT?

What about the generic USB cable, when connected to the DT, and only the DT, causes the ADC in the interface to be unhappy (not the amp, the direct monitor is fine)?!?!?!?

Problems on 1.02 for me:
Mutes not saving with pattern * working, i didn’t realize only the purple mutes were pattern savable. all good
BPM not saving (bpm set to pattern not global) * now saving bpm? but definitely wasnt working yesterday
Freeze on sample load
Screen flashing when scrolling samples src

I tried to make my first beat and i can’t finish it because this machine freezes 3 times in 2 hours. And there’s always stuff missing from the pattern i saved before. I keep losing my work.
And i haven’t even used midi.

How can this machine be so messed up? How could Cenk record all these demo videos?
Did they add stuff to it which it can’t handle?

Sorry for the rant but this drives me mad.
OS 1.02

1 Like

Oh this explains why my patterns sound so different!

1 Like

Inconsistency in sampling quality?

I am sampling some synths… Minibrute and Minilouge… occasionally they playback with “less girth/fullness”… and then… sometimes they have a much louder volume than I recorded… This seems consistent with some of the demos I have heard where some of the sample playback sounded weak or less full sounding than the original… Wondering if the analog to digital conversion needs some tweaking?