DT bug reports - OS 1.01

Yeah. I got early Tempest vibes for awhile there.

Well, given that it kept working on the trim, itā€™s possible it became overheated due to that. No idea how taxing that is for the hardware, but if it is, and it kept at it, and I let it go for minutes, then that might explain it.

For now, I wouldnā€™t bring the DT on stage, either way. Itā€™s far too unreliable for that. Iā€™m not particularly worried, though, if itā€™s in software Iā€™m sure Elektron has it covered soon, and if itā€™s in hardware, Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll recall and replace.

Though it does raise another thought, unrelated to this thread so Iā€™ll be brief - is Elektron just doing too much at the same time, given their teams and resources? Are they properly prepared to maintain and keep developing this amount of hardware and software, or is the DT launch a sign that theyā€™re just not geared up for the amount of quality stuff they want to put out?

I have no idea, and since itā€™s off topic, Iā€™ll stop now.

hm yea the perceived cool down time until it boots again makes it appear like it could be a hardware problemā€¦ still think itā€™s more likely some software glitch very early in the bootloader, who knows tho.

I dunno, likely a ton of the bugs & things people are having rn are gonna be squashed very soon with a planned update, to the point where I feel itā€™s almost redundant to hunt for bugs & report for 1.01ā€¦ feedback from Elektron staff indicates that a lot of things are still being moved around - should be more relevant reporting bugs for a more ā€˜finishedā€™ iterationā€¦

2 Likes

Fortunately (until now) I have not experienced any rebooting issues. Hopefully for everyone facing these issues it can be solved within the next OS update, would be a real bummer to send back a DT for repair, but thatā€™s the risk of stepping in early with these kind of machines.
Especially when these are so fresh and not been tested over a longer period.

1 Like

True. Letā€™s look at this like pioneers. We are boldly going where no one (from the QA and test-staff) has gone before :slight_smile:

1 Like

They have already had 6 months since announcement to squash the bugsā€¦ if itā€™s easy to fix the bugs, I wonder why they released the device in this state just to fix it soon after.

Elektron must have encountered at least half of these bugs before units shipped. A release note informing early adopters of the state of things would have been the obvious/respectful thing to do? It wasnā€™t said to be in beta as far as I remember so some of the more obvious bugs should have been made public imoā€¦

3 Likes

Donā€™t count on it. Even if they have a decent amount of QA people around, itā€™s almost impossible in a test situation to match the climate of a live release, where hundreds or thousands of users just get their hands on the stuff and go about it with ways the developers never intended.

Even a super pro test environment, is still just a simulation of the wild. And the more complex the code base, the more you just canā€™t predict all the weird stuff weā€™ll try with these instruments as soon as we get our hands on them.

You hit the nail on the head and I quote ā€œletā€™s look at this like pioneersā€. It should be fun taking part of this. Of course I hope there wonā€™t be any real technical problems, but again, it can happen. Regarding the bugs, itā€™s just a matter of time, being patient and enjoy playing with the DT.

2 Likes

I dunno man, Cenk looks like he rinses Elektron gear to the limits, Iā€™d be surprised if even just Cenk as a lone OS warrior hadnā€™t hit most of the bugs people are ā€˜discoveringā€™ :wink:

Thatā€™d mean that Elektron knew about all these bugs and launched anyway, without any notice to make us aware. I just donā€™t want to believe that.

Iā€™m sticking to my pioneering blue skies, where being first at the front just means youā€™ll encounter stuff no oneā€™s seen before.

2 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

I have only a coupe hour with mineā€¦ but I was experiencing some issues with the encoders not responding properly ā€¦ they would not change the value then jump past where I was trying to get to. I donā€™t remember if it was a specific knob but Iā€™ll try to pay more attention this tonight. Hopefully fixable via software update.

Ran into this exact issue last night. I only have an OT and canā€™t really get my head around where my samples live after I transfer them. Still havenā€™t read the manual in full yet :grimacing: the answers could be right in front of me

nope iā€™ve already reported this one.

2 Likes

im getting crashes randomly after about 10 to 15 minutes of use. The only constant in the crash is that the pattern is playing while im adjusting sample parameters. The DT screen locks and the audio output goes to a high pitched buzz the same every time. Im only using the DT stock sounds and patters, just learning the machine, so its in its original state other than the upgrade to OS 1.01.
I can reboot instantly and oddly enough it goes to a random pattern on reboot. Not the same one I was playing before the crash.
Also Iā€™m not using OB during the crash, just have the USB plug, the Midi in and Thru and audio cable and power. But only using in standalone mode.

If mine does anything like that, itā€™s getting returned.

Even if itā€™s software and patched in 1.02?

1 Like

I do recall now that my issues appeared after Iā€™d made a clean reset. Before that, I had no issues.

Nope, I get this, too.