DT as Main soundcard?

I seem to recall having the same issue. I’m on win10 with latest OB, etc. Also had weird issues when using L+R inputs. I am also using Reaper, which as you pointed out, don’t believe is officially supported yet.

Do you have the actual OB plugin enabled on one of the tracks? I stopped using the plugin altogether and that seemed to help (just have the engine running in the background). That said, I was able to remove it because I wasn’t using it, perhaps that’s not the case for you.

@jimmy
Thanks for chiming in.
I have not even gotten to the point of using OB as VST as I am having issues just using the app.
I am used to Reaper and would not see the point of changing DAW so I will keep at using OB as a multi-tracking tool just for DT.
In the meantime, it would be great to be able to monitor/track DT’s inputs in USB+audio mode…

With the 1.30 update you can now mix the external inputs as stereo input (or dual mono inputs) in class compliant mode. So they are mixed into the main mix (so also into the USB mix)

And that is awesome if you want to use the Digitakt as a soundcard.

3 Likes

Hi, Digitakt work well as a soundcard ? I want one to use it as a soundcard, midi out to a Grandmother and Grandmother audio out on DT input. Use only DT FX and rec all tracks by usb.
Thanks

3 Likes

So I can use Dt as the main soundcard for ableton, and use digitakt in overbridge mode at the same time?

Can the a4 do this? @Eaves ? I think I tried some times

1 Like

It does :slight_smile:
I am now using Analog Heat Mk2 as a sound card.

2 Likes

sorry for asking here, but :slight_smile:
I have my a4 mk2 as a plugin in ableton, overbridge activated.
I head the sound, also I can see signal in my overbridge track.
After muting the track, there is no master output signal

but I still do hear my A4. I think I hear the hardware, and I keep on hearing it. Also I think I don’t hear the master of Ableton, because I don’t hear any latency at all, and that will be too good to be true.

1 Like

I could not help you sorry. I am not using any of my devices in OB mode. Just using AH as end of audio chain and in USB/AUDIO mode as a sound interface.

1 Like

There’s no way to mute the A4 internally and only hear the incoming audio over USB. On the digi-boxes and Heat there’s an option called “int to main”, which I always set to off when recording into FL Studio through my FX chain. The audio will still be sent over USB so FL Studio can process it, but without the feedback loop you get when “int to main” is set to on. I sent a feature request for it a while ago. Fingers crossed they’ll add it!

I always put away my gear when not in use, and sadly I always think twice about using my A4 standalone because I know I also have to set up one of the digi-boxes if I want to record stuff through my FX chain.

1 Like