Dsi tetra and octatrack

Thanks, I’d want a desktop only, with full midi implementation. Pulse 2 seems to be the best contender for me yet. Possible to change paraphony mode via midi.

If I encrease envelope filter amount, the lowest filter frequency seems too high. I’m used to have synths that go lower.
I guess a workaround would be to assign modulation to filter env amount and filter frequency.

Try the sequencers to modulate

I’d rather choose modulation wheel, playing with a keyboard.
I tried the sequencer, it’s efficient.

Like this? There’s even some space left for your DN

2 Likes

I prefer this one.

I want a dual stand setup I can lift! :content:

2 Likes

Here’s one tip I remember about the Tetra. If you find the sound too “clean” as some do, use noise to modulate filter cutoff. It brings a sort of grit you would not expect.

4 Likes

On the market to expand my Mopho X4 with a Tetra, so reviving this thread. In response to your comment, it’s not that I ever find my patches “too clean”, but rather the opposite, that they are too abrasive. Any tips on getting some softer, OB-esque pads?

Change filter type, lower osc levels, drive…

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had some luck going to the 2-pole and bringing the resonance up a little bit, it just seems hard to get rid of the “sizzle” that everyone is so keen to describe on DSI synths.

I’m hoping to get some nice OB-esque pads with the X4/Tetra combo so that I don’t have to shell out big dough for an OB6. And even then, I’d have two less voices…

Not entirely related, but I think you mentioned above that you were thinking about a Virus. I’ve got a KB that has been completely recapped, partially collecting dust.

1 Like

Thanks, since I sold my Tetra, bought a Virus TI Desktop, a Pulse 2, finally sold them for a Typhon and a Micromonsta 2, I don’t regret my choices.

I also have Digitone and A4 so it’s more than enough for me!

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose this thread is a few years old. I love the KB, great tones, nice for using as an effects processor, but the keybed is really what has made me keep it. The action is great and it’s a decent master keyboard.

Though if I ever find a cheap SQ80, that’ll be the new master. Polyphonic aftertouch… why isn’t this on modern synths??

1 Like

No sorry I don’t remember much about it anymore but I do regret selling it. Would love to have one again and pairing it with a Mopho sounds like a wonderful synth.

I’ve been turning the amp env amt and levels down significantly and finding much cleaner sounds now on x4

Pretty sure the init settings make it really easy to overdrive the filter or something, all my first patches felt clipped

Just tested a Tetr4 some days ago and looking forward to route it through the Octatrack :slight_smile:

Having four individual ins and outs looks like both were made to each other.

I’m also pretty surprised that programming from its front, even taking a bit, it is really fun, as you can design it by blocks, step by step, like when modelling with clay or something like that, polishing by bits till the end.

The Tetr4 design is amazing so its sound, and with the crazy amount of modulation options it has, is kind of a modular in a box actually. Pairing it with a Machinedrum sps1 MK2 and you can jam for hours, or even days.

Amazing sound and design that can sound pretty evil or super soft, loving it!

1 Like

Busted out the Tetra this afternoon. It’s been sat in a box for a bit. Found myself GASsing for a rev2, then sternly reminded myself I have a 4 voice equivalent already.
Ran a few presets from OT’s arpeggiator through the Virus FX and happy days.

It’s a great synth and fits in its desk spot perfectly!
I must get deeper with it though, sound design and programming the sequencer…

1 Like