DSI Rev2

Try setting a short key release, like at 1.
Maybe the sus pedal by acting globally is locking all voices to sustain, so there’s no release (key up) message signal happening.

Really nice stuff going on here. Now I have to buy this and deconstruct all of them haha!

Would you care to go into any detail about your programming with the Rev 2, maybe some favorite tips and tricks? I really enjoy the dark, crusty, crunchy, warbly stuff in your patches. I know assigning audio out and noise to control different parameters can give that gritty warble, do you have anything else you turn to for that sort of sound?
I often use the distortion effect with gain set low, and use the effect’s tone control to change the overall tone. It works pretty well just fattening and darkening everything at the end of the chain. Are you doing that, or maybe you found other ways to make such beautiful warm and dark sounds?

Really anything you would be willing to share about your process would be super interesting to hear.

1 Like

Off topic, but got your Deluge patches. You, sir, are a genius sound designer.

2 Likes

Had the entire presentation playing on the tv last night. Everyone really enjoyed it. Going to download tonight and got a few in mind that’ll pair very nicely (A/B split) with some of my “lossy RF” string patches.

1 Like

Thank you all for the nice feedback! It’s really important for me.

Yep, I like to use noise as an modulation source on REV2. What else…Hm, my way of creating sounds is very intuitive to be honest, I just try to play with filters, osc sync, I really like pitch modulation, I try to create constantly changing, “living” sounds which are not perfect - I think this “unperfection” is something which works on the imagination and simply inspires…And it all would be even better if REV2 had analogue high pass filter… :slight_smile:

Now I’m working on #4 pack for Deluge and…MicroKorg patch bank :smiley:

Cheers!
Chris

6 Likes
off topic

Please get yourself an Analog 4 and/or a Digitone if you haven’t yet ^^

6 Likes

yes, both please!

THIS. let’s do a GoFundMe to get a Digitone in his (I assume? apologies if female) hands and a patch bank made up!

3 Likes

Yes… would LOVE a Digitone sound bank from this guy/gal :wink:

1 Like

welp, you did it. I officially bought a REV2 off of @SohoSix because of your patches :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Check out the two banks made by AudioAnalog 1, Exploring Prophet and Prophet Classics

1 Like

You can do plenty of modular-style experimentation on the Rev2 anyway. With all the modulators, and the mode that holds the VCA open. Even better, you can do polyphonic drone type stuff.

1 Like

This !!! :sunglasses:

Anyone have thought regarding Rev2 vs Pro 2 vs Pro 3?

I have a rev2 and a pro3. While they definitely have a similar “we’re from the same family” sound, I tend to use them both for their more obvious intentions. Pro 3 for dirty leads and basses with tons of modulation, rev2 for evolving poly patches with tons of modulation. Not that you can’t do a bass with the rev2 or play an evolving chord with a pro3, I’m just brainwashed not to.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m in the market for a high end synth - so many options - even within the DSI/Sequential brand. At least I know Iridium is out of my price point.

My friend swears by the Prophet 6. I did some sound comparisons and the Rev2 and Prophet 6 are very similar to my ears. I personally like more modulation options, but I wish the Rev2 had two FX slots instead of just one…I ALWAYS want chorus+reverb, or phaser+reverb, or reverb+delay. But whatever I have a DAW and an Octatrack and external FX units…I just like having things like that baked into a synth. Kinda makes me want a Deepmind.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely better to figure out the types of sounds you’re trying to create then follow that path rather than base it off feature sets. You might find all the sounds you like are made on a Prophet 6, which has less voices than the the rev and way less modulation possibilities than both.

Edit: haha, was responding to @brodykauff but it looks like it was for @GirTheRobot.

Similar thoughts to above. You can do similar things on each. If you want true poly though, Rev2. Plus you can still do giant bass type things. If you want a lot more experimentation and poly isn’t important, The Pro(s) 1, 2, 3 will probably get you further.

If you’re a programmer type, I’d stick with the Pros and Rev2. If you want a creamy poly with less modulation, P-6 or OB-6 might have the edge.

2 Likes

Yeah, it would be awesome if the Rev2 would let you route to a 2nd effect via multi mode.