Drum n' Bass Battle #3 (Cinematic Noir Edition) [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!]

The synths should keep you warm!
On the flip side I can barely walk into my studio during the summer, it’s too hot and humid, the ac unit is on the other side of the house.

Also probably why my 32 mixing desk kept overheating… that or overdriving the inputs for that sweet analog distortion!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Just grabbed all my materials… I’m in… :robot::robot::robot:

2 Likes

I always thought of Q Projects - Champion Sound fitting for a movie. I always picture T1000 coming to get you when those terrifying synths come in at 1 minute 30 mark.

I’d love to join in if I manage to get some spare time.

4 Likes

Great tune

2 Likes

I’ve heard those synths from somewhere! I wonder if someone chopped them here? Or someone on a Podcast!

1 Like

nice challenge lets go

1 Like

Welcome!

I added you to the notification list when new challenges drop!

1 Like

i would love that thank you!!

1 Like

some inspiration:

5 Likes

Thats dope… plus PI was a great movie…

2 Likes

nice theme. I’ll try to cook something for this challenge :slight_smile:

my inspiration below:

5 Likes

I like the bass coming in at 1:13

1 Like

that soundtrack is like a dystopic manifesto, it fits perfectly to all the scenes, to the atmosphere overall; difficult to find such deep sinergy between a movie and its soundtrack… maybe “Enter the void” or the opening scene of Jodorowsky “Dune” IMO

2 Likes

It got really good right before the minute mark… I think the arp works really well with a pad underneath of it.

You are right… you definitely got the Carpenter sound!

1 Like

I got something going! Some wicked chops and breaks, I’m happy with my beats and I have bassline that makes me want to poop myself. I think I’m meeting the brief! Just gotta turn this sketch into a track now and I’ll get something submitted, hopefully next few days👌

2 Likes

You got all the way till March 5th!

so no need to rush.

Unless you want to drop in a couple tracks!

1 Like

Time to listen again to Dom&Roland’s masterpiece “Industry”

1 Like

I’d like to join this round if possible, i have a soft spot for this style of dnb :slight_smile:

1 Like

All are welcome.

I’ll add you to the notification list for the next battles.

Please keep tagging me on these. Hopefully one day I participate. I need the encouragement.

3 Likes