Drum n' Bass Battle #3 (Cinematic Noir Edition) [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!]

Increasing daylight hours are def helping with motivation right now, so I’m hoping to keep up with the battles as much as I can fit into my schedule. Dark at 4pm is just a killer for me unless I happen to strike lightning early in the process

1 Like

Submitted
Really enjoyed making this track. Can’t wait for the voting thread.

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers:I can record something before the deadline.

What is the process for applying for an extension? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, It’s midnight on Sunday your time. And I’m not compiling the playlist until I get home from school on Monday, so there is a bit of time.

Just do your best. Once the playlist is up, it’s closed.

I have faith in you!

2 Likes

I’m hopeful!

And thanks again for setting up this challenge with such a great theme :pray:

2 Likes

Been struggling with some illness these last weeks and haven’t had any energy to work start putting something together. Feeling better today though and Cubase is already booting up!

5 Likes

Recording done! Now to submit…

Took longer than expected. Perfect 1st take only to discover there was loads of USB tearing and distortion on one section. Had to debug and remove parts, which is a shame. Why do companies make gear that can’t do what it says it can do :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: you design a great patch but can’t record it because the processor is weak and in the end their own gear sounds worse than it should :confounded: Then needed about 5 takes to get it right. Relieved to get it done :sweat_smile: rant over…

3 Likes

TBH, all the best gear and the fastest computer with the latest firmware, and I still never get first takes.

What you went through is part and parcel with making music. It’s an under appreciated factor that goes into making music, having the ability to troubleshoot problems that are unrelated to actually playing music.

It shows your wherewithal and talent, plus it shows temerity and determination.

I’m proud of you.

2 Likes

Looking forward to hearing the awesome sauce people have come up with. Bring it on!

2 Likes

Done and done.

3 Likes

Down to the wire again, but approaching the finish line.

I’ve used all the new machines with Digitakt 1.50 in the making of this one, and I can share out the project backup when I do the post competition writeup if anyone will find it useful. Learned lots of little tricks through process, and the strengths/weaknesses of the different machines.

3 Likes

Thats mine sent off. I don’t feel its finished but having a deadline gives me an excuse to start something else

3 Likes

I was sick for almost two weeks, stressed at work and also had camping this weekend. I couldn’t really get anything going that i liked so im sitting this one out. But im definitely keen to everyone’s tracks when the playlist is up

2 Likes

I always get worried towards the deadline, and people never fail to come thru…!!!

I’m changing things up a bit, and always refining the presentation…

What I’m going to do is announce the next battle right after the deadline and before the voting, since the most attention will be on these threads…

5 Likes

Couldn’t make it this time, quite a shame since it’s such a fruitful theme.
Had the family to attend to, and even a few shows to prepare for.
Looking forward to the entries! Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

You know… it was a tough month for a bunch of Elektronauts… don’t feel bad, the next battle is always around the corner!

2 Likes

Okay… Coffee is brewing… I’m going to announce the next battle here shortly, then post the voting thread, and that will close out this thread!

Its a big day! Lots to reveal!

4 Likes

New BaTTLE IS UP!!!

4 Likes

Playlist is up!

TIME FOR THE VOTES TO BEGIN!!!

2 Likes