Drum n' Bass Battle #3 (Cinematic Noir Edition) [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!]

Yeah, it totally depends on how you want to set up the workflow. That jump between environments works for me to look at the arrangement in a different way.

I will say that I have done less on hardware than before just because how much more robust vsts can be.

Example. I will make a loose arrangement on hardware, but will do bass or melody in Pigments.

Conversely, I don’t like making everything ITB for the sole reason that I would be paralyzed by choice.

Yeah I hear you on the choice paralysis front, the new desktop I bought recently, has only a very select few vsts installed for that exact reason, at some point I’m going have to go back into my laptop and cull any and everything that doesn’t align with the desktop to ensure project compatibility, definitely not looking forward to sifting through the last 6yrs worth of irrational plugin hoarding to make it right…:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Wow, digitakt 1.50 update sure would have made my submission easier. This should make the DT pretty wicked for chopped breaks

3 Likes

I must admit the news had me looking at used digis on eBay, managed to contain the gas though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lol i didn’t even know until i saw your comment holy shii…

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I’ve just added the dumbest half time breakdown of all time.

1 Like

Does this make the Digi an OT lite?

1 Like

almost done with a couple of version of the same track…

1 Like

Just tried 2 different kind of amen breaks on 2 slice machine tracks and playing with random locks and filter, alternatively switching these tracks, and here goes a solid foundation for a new jungle track :smiley:
Similar to OT, way less powerful, but fastest to achieve.

2 Likes

I was already working DAWless this go around (vs Ableton the last two rounds) and had all my samples ready for arranging the next few nights.

This is going to completely change my planned workflow.

1 Like

Im so happy this new update dropped, and fueled youz productions!

Letsssss goooooo!!!

Plus, It helps learning the new fuctions with intention behind it!

2 Likes

Free Sample Pack I found

https://www.ghostsyndicate.net/product/free-samples-vol-6-drum-bass-sample-pack/

2 Likes

Pretty much finished my track.

I’m certain it won’t be the best, but I think it’s probably going to be the silliest.

I’m delighted with it :rofl:

3 Likes

Coming up on the weekend.

Deadline is Sunday at Midnight, where ever you are!

3 Likes

Can’t wait to hear all subscriptions!

3 Likes

After a solid week and a half after submitting then not listening to my tune, I just gave it a rinse, and I’m pretty happy! I can def hear a bit of fatigue in my mix, and a few bits that I might have changed under different circumstances, but I’m jazzed on it.

Can’t wait to hear everyone else’s go

2 Likes

The champion returns!

1 Like

Wish I had more life in me for the last round. I had a decent Yars Revenge based tune started, but zero energy to put towards details, arrangement and mixing. Poor guy died on the vine.

1 Like

Thats totally okay. You can treat this as a true battle, where there is a winner, or you can treat it as just a place to upload a cool sketch, and ignore the voting altogether.

And if you’re not feeling it at all, then just come to enjoy some cool tunes.

Just always check in to see whats up and dont be a stranger.

1 Like

Increasing daylight hours are def helping with motivation right now, so I’m hoping to keep up with the battles as much as I can fit into my schedule. Dark at 4pm is just a killer for me unless I happen to strike lightning early in the process

1 Like