Driven Machine Drums 3: 5,159 drum samples (+41 sample chains)

Hello,

I wanted to let you know about a new electronic percussion library I created which is catered to the Elektron Octatrack. The old forum was very welcoming and supportive of previous DMD releases.

http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

DMD3 is the direct follow-up to the popular Driven Machine Drums: STRIKES BACK sample library. DMD3 is bundled with DMDMD and contains 5,159 designer drum samples tailored for all forms of electronic music.

The Driven Machine Drums 3 + M.D. Bundle is the result of a 3-year effort, combining over $57,000 in synthesis and engineering technology.

DMD3 contains samples synthesized from a wide range of sources including 4 modular synthesizer systems, analog and digital drum machines, SP-1200 processing, and modern physical modeling devices. Each sample was tastefully processed through boutique analog outboard devices, including tubes, transformers, eqs, and compressors.

This library is created with the Elektron Octatrack + jamming in mind. Each sample is processed to sound great out of the unit and require little additional processing.

Included formats:
24-bit 44.1kHz Wav (for Octatrack)
24-bit 96kHz Wav
24-bit 96kHz Aif
16-bit 48kHz Wav (for native Rytm support)
16-bit 44.1kHz Wav (for hardware samplers such as Akai, Emu, etc)
(all above formats compatible with drag/drop functionality within Drum Racks, Maschine, Geist, Kong, MPC Software, Battery, Spark, Nerve, etc)

202 instrument mappings for:
Ableton macro drum scanner (scan samples with a knob or macro)
NI Kontakt
Logic EXS-24

41 Kits in the following formats:
Sample Chains (Elektron Octratrack)
Ableton Drum Racks
NI Maschine
FXpansion Geist
FXpansion Guru

Head over to http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com for more information, including 131 free drum samples which you can load into your Octratrack today.

Thank you.

• Nathaniel
5 Likes

BTW, if you want an in-depth review, Rekkerd just posted one:
http://rekkerd.org/review-tonebuilder-driven-machine-drums-3-md-bundle/

“DMD3 raises the bar yet again. Using top notch gear, and sound design and engineering skills I can only dream of, he has created another stunning collection of drum and percussion samples. DMD3 surely tops my list of drum libraries to take on a deserted island” - Rekkerd

thanks!

• Nathaniel

Best sounding machine drum library i ever heard, a work of art!!!

1 Like

It is the first time I pad for a sample library, and I hesitated a lot. But it seems to be very good !! I have no regret, it really turned my OT into a killer drum machine :slight_smile:

Thanks! Appreciate the positive feedback.

Thanks Zite909.

DMD3 was created with the OT in mind. Each sample was processed through a carefully selected chain of analog outboard processing (eq, tubes, compressors, preamps, etc) to give warmth, depth, and character. Also, each sample has been EQd in such a way as to make best use of devices with a more limited number of outputs.

You should be able to use DMD3 and just EQ the 2 channel drum mix to your liking (instead of each individual sound). In fact, all of the demos on the site were created this way. There’s no EQ or compression on any channel in DMD3 demos.
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

Also, the transients are both present and tamed in a way to sound punchy/loud without being smeared.

is delivery electronic?

Yes it is.

Could you describe the layout and size (in MB) of sample chains?

Absolutely.

The sample chains are directly related to the kits for Maschine, Drum Racks, Geist, etc so they contain the exact same hits.

There are 41 total.

They each contain 16 “slices”.

The average size ranges between 2-4MB per chain. The largest is 10MB.

The chains (or kits) contain a small portion of the samples contained in the entire collection.

IMHO, the best results come from gradually learning the collection + textures and creating your own personalized kits to suit your unique style.

The content is very well organized into clear names (by type and texture) to make navigation easy.

Purchased. Looks great. Can’t wait to load up the Octatrack!

They sound great so I bought them, congrats on your release!

Thanks!
Nice 200e BTW.

Debug + Simonsound…

Thank you very much. It was a haul to create, lots of time + money invested… synthesizing, processing, editing, sorting, etc.

Glad to have it out now.

May you get much enjoyment from using the collection!

• Nathaniel

Yes it is.[/quote]
purchased :slight_smile: cant wait to give it a go… i noticed multiple download links and took whatever i thought was relevant.
i have a quick question as i am not able to test today… which file do we need to download that works best to upload into the MD?
they sound sick btw… thank you.

Yes it is.[/quote]
purchased :slight_smile: cant wait to give it a go… i noticed multiple download links and took whatever i thought was relevant.
i have a quick question as i am not able to test today… which file do we need to download that works best to upload into the MD?
they sound sick btw… thank you.[/quote]
Thank you!

Load into the MD? You mean MDUW? The 16bit 44.1kHz Wav would be best to save space. However, the MD only plays back at 12 bit. You will hear a decrease in resolution playing back in the MDUW.

If the option exists, I prefer the 24bit OT engine. However, lots of good records were made with 12 bit sample playback. It does impart a character. You MIGHT like it?

• Nathaniel
1 Like

sorry yes, I was referring to the UW+. Fortunately I also own the OT and AK so can enjoy 24bit resolution but…

I find i usually use up the OTs tracks very early on unfortunately. Hence, I would rather use the MDs 16 tracks for single hit pattern creations which i can then mangle and process further in the OT.

Thank you very much. It was a haul to create, lots of time + money invested… synthesizing, processing, editing, sorting, etc.

Glad to have it out now.

May you get much enjoyment from using the collection!

• Nathaniel

Obviously lots of love and attention gone in to this. Its great to have such a big well produced sample collection in the OT.

For the gearheads…
here’s the equipment list used in the creation of Driven Machine Drums 3:

4 modular systems to generate fresh and unique analog percussive sounds:
MakeNoise Modular System
Wiard / Richter / Malekko Modular System
Hordijk Modular System
Serge Creature

SP-1200 processing for a classic hip-hop sounds:
Gotharman SP-Box with SP-1200 D/A converters and analog vca + filter

Modern Digital FSU machines:
Gotharman Little Deformer 2
Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas
Intellijel Shapeshifter

Physical Modeling for electroacoustic hybrid sounds:
Nord Drum 2
Korg Wavedrum Oriental
Elektron Machine Drum

Modern and Classic analog drum sources:
Elektron Rytm
Vermona Kick Lancet
Roland TR-909
TTA 808 Modules

Vintage Digital Sources:
Roland R-70
Casio RZ-1
Emu Procussion

Additional creative analog effects processing:
Cwejman MMF-6 analogue filter
Cwejman FSH-1 frequency shifter
Intellijel uFold II wavefolder
Dynacord VRS-23 analog delay
Ibanez AD-202 analog delay
Demeter RV-1 spring reverb
Doepfer A-199 spring reverb

Additional analog processing to boost harmonics and shape the samples:
Atlas Pro Juggernaut Twin (with iron and nickel transformers)
Angel Lofte Source +
NOS French Mazda Tubes
NOS Valvo Tubes
Foote Control P3S
Valley People Dynamite

Analog Equalization:
Kush Elektra Electrified Transient Equalizer (19” rack)
GML 8200
AMS Neve 1081
API 5500 Dual Equalizer

Each piece was chosen for it’s unique sonic and synthesis characteristics. When used in tandem, these devices helped shape a unique and comprehensive collection of drum samples.

1 Like

The previous versions of this were limited, correct? Is this the same situation here?

I’ll probably buy these on payday regardless, as by pretty much every account of the previous collections described them as the #1 collection of drum samples to own.