Driven Machine Drums 3: 5,159 drum samples (+41 sample chains)

While I’m normally not one to buy samples, I did so pretty soon after throwing the demo sounds into my Octatrack and putting together a beat. Really, really high quality stuff here, to the point that I might purge my sample folder way down and use these samples exclusively.

1 Like

Fantastic, glad to hear!

Hopefully you are finding your are getting quality results easier which is always the aim with DMD. Less engineering = more time jamming + writing.

Ok, couldn’t resist, I had to have them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll mess around with the racks in Ableton a bit, but my main usage will be in the Rytm. Just browsing through after downloading. Damn, there’s some good stuff in here.

But I’m having palpitations thinking about how to organize this and the process of sample transfer via C6. I’ve got to think this one through carefully before proceeding. Measure twice, cut once…

The file structure as established by tonebuilder is logical and elegant. Theoretically I could reproduce this exactly in the rytm sample manager, but I think I’d hit retirement and or kill myself before I got the job done. So now I’m thinking sample chains. Yes, a few hours of work building them I’m guessing, and several more spent in C6 transfer…but I think the end result would probably be more user friendly that way. Load a couple of drum specific chains to a project, then good to go. Also, since there are many sounds within a given drum type that are similar, this would make for good variation fun running an LFO on sample start and end times.

Just thinking out loud. What would you do?

I really don’t know. I haven’t loaded any of the samples to the Rytm, exactly because the folder structure is so good. I can’t bring myself to do all that stuff using C6 and creating the folders on the Rytm… Like painting a house through the keyhole.

Fantastic, glad to hear!

Hopefully you are finding your are getting quality results easier which is always the aim with DMD. Less engineering = more time jamming + writing.[/quote]
I absolutely am. These are the only drum sounds I’m using lately, and they’re really just brilliant. I need to really sit down and make some kits/chains/128s with them, but I’m really impressed. Makes me wish it was still possible to get the older collections :disappointed:

purchased. thanks in advance, as it’s going to take a long pleasant time to go through these :slight_smile:

These are amazing sounding samples. I decided to put in the work and spent the better part of a day making them ALL in samplechains in Ableton and then uploading to the Rytm. I’m stocked and ready to roll!!

It would be cool if you could include the 41 kits in the Sample Chains format for the RYTM also.

Hi, thanks for your fantastic work. The samples are really really good. I’ve always been a Wave Alchemy fan and these are now my favourites. I use these in my MPC and you’ve made my life easy by having the MPC 1000 friendly file names etc. I would have liked the samples to be normalised how ever so they are easier to mix and match with my WA samples. Still just a minor thing. Thanks again, I’ll be following your releases :slight_smile:
Mark

Hello all,

I just wanted to drop a line here and let you all know DMD3 is on sale for $47 over the Holidays. We could all use some good cheer.

All the best,

Nathaniel
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

2 Likes

Hello I Want DrivenMachineDrum4 ! :stuck_out_tongue: i have already give advise to people there to get your bundle as i proud to have it all since the beginning :slight_smile: You are in the Definitive List for Analog Rytm and Octatrack
Cheers Nathaniel

Williams Bonnel (France - Limonada Records)

Looks tempting!
Are there any loops or real acoustic drum hits or just oneshots and machines?

Thanks, William!

All the best,

Nathaniel

1 Like

Hello,

There are not any loops included, only one-shot samples.

There are acoustic drum hits, however, they have been processed through tubes, tape, or SP1200 processing.

OTOH, there are quite a few electro-acoustic sources which work very well in an acoustic content. The content is diverse.

1 Like

just purchased and excited to try out tomorrow!
thank you for the great work!
BTW: it’s my first ever sample purchase :smiley:

I bought this pack a few years ago and it really is the best drum samples pack out there. I use it on my Analog Rytm, Ableton, and all my iPad drum machines apps. Well done and thank you!

1 Like

Sure you right ! it’s really one of the best. A real gold gems from Vol1 to Vol3.
Hugo (Goldbaby) and Nathaniel (@Tonebuilder ) have made gold things and are really passionate people.
Wave Alchemy made also very good work. And trustable / accurate Drum Tools.

I’m eternally thankful and I supported and bought absolutely everything.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I’ve got the Wave Alchemy Drumvolution and Revolution for when I’m working in the box - I totally agree that they are ultra high quality sample based drum tools. Bassynth is excellent too!

2 Likes

Would anyone be willing to send me the 48khz version of this pack? When i bought it, I didn’t need that one, and now my links don’t work. I wrote the guys an email, a long time ago, but they haven’t gotten back to me. I can of course show a receipt.

undrgrndsounds and Shaman stems make excellent stuff, too. For chords stuff I’m a full support at abitdeeper, Late Night Deep House Chords collection by Twolegs Toneworks and : Plughugger…

of course in my musical genres latitude… all the rest is not for me. And I have to keep room for me to express. But those references are the one for me.

For all the crazy stuff, I’m aficionado of… I develop my own creative processing and sound synthesis. And sort of speak I use al I said to kick start my creativity and often get rid of too creative advanced stuff and replace it by my more personal recreation at some point OR not it depends. but all my needs are covered with those references.

1 Like