Dreadbox Medusa

That’s for helping the deaf musicians along their journey (no one left behind).

5 Likes

20th of July is the release date according to the Greek retailer!

2 Likes

Wow this is exiting

…running the NYX overhere…the only dreadbox i got, and the last true analog gear apart from a4 i have in use…
dunno what to think 'bout medusa…hate all these fancy tablelightdisco controlers…no dreadbox feel to me at all…
but abyss is mindblowing…even if i don’t see any use for it to me these days…

Medusa is now available for pre order at some german retailers.

1 Like

Do you have any links, or perhaps names of these retailers?

musicstore.de

may be a few more…

to be shipped in july.

I’m in…

1 Like

New chord demo by Polyend - apparently they decided to make it fully polyphonic instead of paraphonic

3 Likes

And a noisier demo - still a lot of normal chords being used though, nothing too scary.

2 Likes

The bass one they posted after this sounds really good. By far my favorite demo so far.

True dat, I really love the way those chords break up and pulse nicely

The mono circuit seems like a good cheaper alternative to this. Both good in their pricepoints.

This one is next level

New - more musical - demonstration vid on YT:

Hearing this makes me very happy to get my Medusa end of july!

4 Likes

Me trying hard to be patient about getting one.

1 Like

Is the dog paraphonic too?

1 Like

Paraphonic x6 : means you have 6 voices with one oscillator per voice.
Paraphonic x3 : means you have 3 voices, with two oscillators per voice.

Yes FM filter, means you can modulate the cutoff frequency of the filter with the oscillators :slight_smile:
By turning the resonance to max, if the filter goes into autooscillation it is perhaps possible to use it as an oscillator too.

3 Likes

Only when you step on his tail

1 Like

That’s my understanding of the paraphonic modes as well.

I suspect the use of the word “polyphonic” on the FB page can be attributed to some kid on summer break that they hired for an internship or something, to take care of the FB side while the engineers work day and night to finish the Medusa. Kid doesn’t understand English as well as the main spokespeople.

I gotta get one!
DAAAANG

1 Like