• Eudemonia / Filter-Mixer-VCA: 89€
  • Nostalgia / 3-Stage Delay: 99€
  • Ataxia / Dual Modulator: 89€
  • Dystopia/ Noise-Crush-Filter: 89€
  • Utopia / CV-Audio Manipulator: 79€
3 Likes

These all look really rather useful.

1 Like

Video from Dreadbox gives you a good listen. Presented along with the Antiphon and a Hermod.

2 Likes

Adding to the Xmas list.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

For those interested, they’re all available for preorder on Dreadbox’s website and ship the 11th of december.
I don’t think I can afford them right now but I’m curious to see other setups with them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also notice that Dreadbox has added "… More To Come: to the page with the Chromatic modules – so you can look for a full spectrum of these in the near future.

3 Likes

I am waiting for those!

2 Likes

Sure can’t beat the price…kinda like all the modules, but tempted to grab the Nostalgia and Ataxia(sp?) sooner than later

3 Likes

I’ve got a soft spot for dreadbox, the first nyx was my gateway into modular proper. I just bought 5 of the 6 modules to add to my new second 6u case. I have several function generators so left out the ataxia for now. a full synth voice with a ton of useful functionality for less that I’ve paid for most of my single modules. Modular is becoming more accessible for sure, which is great imo.

5 Likes

I’ve been a Dreadbox admirer for a while now. Thanks to my yet again renewed interest in Eurorack, I’ve been checking out demos. I didn’t realize how much functionality was packed into them. Maybe this is par for the course for Eurorack these days but… it’s Dreadbox!

Dystopia for example is labeled as a bitcrusher filter, but it’s also a CV processor and can even be used as an LPG (14 min. mark). I happily watched and listened to all 19 min. of this

3 Likes

I have all of them apart from the VCO module and am still getting to know their extensive capabilities, especially how to best use the VCAs, mixers and the LFOs - but there are so many options that their flexibility is pretty wild.

1 Like

Saturday will be my birthday and I would like to start my adventure into the modular world.
I am going to buy Hysteria, Eudemonia, a Behringer Eurorack Rack (it fits in my studio forniture) and some cables. Any suggestion?

You’ll need modulation sources, LFOs, Envelopes, Function generators. I suggest you picking up at least one module as well.

What @m13wo said, if you are completely new to modular I would suggest getting Patch & Tweak book also. Great resource and info, patch idea’s…

These greek guys keep on rocking, well done!

Adding a fader to crossfade between waves on the performance VCO is a plus. I wish I had less oscillator in my modular setup right now to make space for this.

The fact that they are a small firm from Athens is one of the reasons why I choose them.
I am from Italy and I love Greece, in which I travelled a lot and even played there with my band.
I think it is our duty, when we can, to help their economy: it has been the cradle of our civilization (even the word Music is greek) and their economy has been mistreated.
Also, the modules are cheap and so it is an easy way to start

5 Likes

Ihih I am also from Italy, I’ve been in love with Dreadbox since I have bought an Antiphon DIY kit, a synth voice with 8 oscillator, vcf, vca and reverb tank included at a ridicously cheap price. Many other companies would have set a price 2-3 times high…

1 Like