Dreadbox Chromatic Eurorack Modules

I started learning to use a virtual Eurorack for this reason. I’ll probably get a real modular eventually, but the virtual Eurorack is helping me a lot, as far as understanding what I might need for a real modular. I’m using miRack, which was originally created using code from VCVRack.

Even after I get started with a real Eurorack, I’ll probably continue using miRack because I can pull up as many instances of, say, Mutable Instruments Rings, as I want, mix and match Marbles with sequencer modules, etc. without spending extra money. Practically unlimited virtual modules combined with a well-chosen selection of real ones is a very promising combinatin.

1 Like

Where are you from in Italy? I’m from Arezzo, Tuscany

Good advice, but too late. Saturday’s around the corner…

I don’t know about your country but in mine, it won’t be too late to use miRack for a long time.

https://mifki.com/blog/mirack-3-50-is-out-with-multi-channel-audio-midi-out-and-new-modules/

In particular, Expert Sleepers ES-8/ES-9 audio interfaces and expanders are now fully supported, and allow to integrate miRack and hardware Eurorack equipment. Expert Sleepers encoders for use with ES-5, ES-40, ESX-8GT and ESX-8CV modules are also available.

2 Likes

Actually i live in Bologna but I come to Tuscany from time to time… never been in Arezzo so far…

Two new Chromatic modules incoming, a phaser and Karplus-Strong strings:

4 Likes

I wanted to like these modules but I didn’t have a great experience with them. When everything is all patched up, it’s easy to get into a situation where you can’t access those little knobs. Especially with Utopia. I would rather just get modules that are laid out differently.

I like how they incorporated both sliders and knobs into the module designs, but fair point about Utopia. You could get a different CV utility module like this with a bigger knobs and such, but it probably would cost quite a bit more too than the $99 price for a Utopia.

I didn’t know that the word “antidote” has Greek origins.

from Greek antidotos , from feminine of antidotos given as an antidote, from antididonai to give as an antidote, from anti- + didonai to give

Looking forward to more demos of Antidote. Karplus-Strong with an analog circuit is kinda unique.

2 Likes

This is a fair point, but they do also do an awful lot for the price.

And now, from @Gaz:

1 Like