Drambo (iOS)

Or slave Drambo to midi from OT via Midi Bridge in AB (on midi page in AB), then on the AB Audio page, connect Drambo outputs to AUM. AUM transport slaved to midi in via AB isn’t that tight. Drambo slaves very well to OT midi via AB midi bridge. Set up AUM transport / clock on another channel in AB. Like this, AB is like a midi splitter, whereas, Drambo slaved to AUM, which is slaved to AB is essentially a daisy chain.

4 Likes

how well does Drambo run on an iPad Mini 2? Someone local is selling one for practically free and I’m tempted to use it for this and a couple other music apps.

Drambo don’t eat too much ressource.
Just Drambo on an ipad2 will be solid but if you add some other apps inside AUM an AIR3 is highly recommended.
It depend the buffer size… For live playing with other equipment like OT I don’t use higger than 256, less is better.

1 Like

How good is Drambo at assigning/remembering MIDI mappings? Any reasonable way to make mappings so that they are assigned as you create new units?

EDIT: Of course found it right after. Not possible in 1.0, coming.

It’s coming in future update.

2 Likes

Some lunchtime fun using some great SonalSystem patches for Audio Damage Continua and Quanta. Be sure and check them out if you rock these synths on iOS or Desktop:

Continua Patches:

Quanta Patches:

As always, many thanks for watching :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice @echo_opera !

btw…2.8 update for your MPC ONE, lots of Midi updates.

1 Like

Thanks.

Yeah the 2.8 update looks like a great update.

given mac catalyst technology, i wonder if they ever release drambo for macos. why not?

1 Like

Just jumped on the Drambo wagon. Sure glad I did. It feels like the perfect IOS app. Took me 1 minute to start jamming without having to youtube some tutorial. I love the flow and interface. It just feels right.

1 Like

Well this is turning out to be a lot of fun :grimacing:

5 Likes

Where the relationship is taking me at the moment.
I have 2 instances of Drambo running in AUM. The first instance is repurposing a bunch of samples i took from sequencing my MicroFreak and twisting the samples around in Drambo to get something different out of them.
The 2nd instance of Drambo is driving the Digitone which is being randomly played throughout the overall sequence.

It’s all then being rerouted into some nice fx of REAmp, Barricade, Dubstation and EQ’d

5 Likes

Taking all the wonderful things I’ve learned from Elektron boxes and applying them to this little Drambo experiment. Thanks so much for watching and indulging my little sonic journies:

3 Likes

Hi all,
Has anyone figured out a good way to achieve “Parts” like the octatrack or “Kits” like the Rytm in Drambo?

I’m really keen to get this up and running as a main hub for my live sets. However I heavily rely on being able to completely change the tracks per pattern.

I do this heaps on the Rytm, where every single pattern is essentially an entirely different song with entirely different samples and settings for each of the tracks.

So far I’m finding it a bit difficult to create an entire set (1- 1.5 hours) with the same 8 tracks.

Changing projects whilst in the middle of a live set isn’t really an option for me. Keen to hear everyone’s thoughts!

Apologies in advance, my understanding of drambo is still pretty shallow compared to others on this forum.

You can have up to 12 tracks per pattern + the two send channels.

There’s no equivalent of parts.

With midi program change yet to be implemented, smooth / synced project change in Drambo is an unknown.

Drambo hosted in Audiobus 3 slaved very well to OT clock when I tried. I’ll only consider integration of Drambo into a live setup once its midi receive capabilities (PC and CC response) become known with updates.

Happy Monday everyone. Hope this finds you all doing well:

5 Likes

Really nice!

1 Like

V nice harmonies, stereo width etc… but no variation with scenes!

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t attempt additional Patterns on this piece as i was trying to understand 3 things:

1. How much variation and movement could i achieve with just 16 Steps
  2. Could i get Midi Learn to work with my LaunchPad X and use the custom Faders to control the Mixer
  3. How much fun could i have with the FlexiSampler

I hope to do a remix of the track today to add additional Patterns now that i understand all 3 items above. :grimacing:

I am really enjoying the process of understanding how to use Drambo in a way that fits my workflow and needs and hope to share that understanding with others with a few overview videos soon.

Hope all is well.

Cheers👊🏼™️

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Setting oneself a specific task / limitation is definitely worthwhile with Drambo, what with it being so open ended.

I’m getting impatient waiting for midi cc receive implementation and individual outs so I can see how it will play with the OT; whether or not smooth / synced project switching will be or not (even if its just between projects with exactly the same patches). I need to get around to building more synth patches as I reckon this is what I’ll be using it for most. But then again, with individual outs, could also use Drambo as a kick machine.

Keep posting your explorations @echo_opera and be well.