Drambo (iOS)

I read on another thread that Drambo 1.5 is in beta. Does anyone know what’s coming?

Don’t know but very interested. Where was the new published ?

Hmmmm…I wonder how well it runs on an M1 MacBook?

Had a chance to give TB FlowTones a little joy ride this evening in Drambo. The exploration is the result of 4 instances of FlowTones running via 16 Steps and being effected by Bleass Effects in Drambo.

As always many thanks for watching :facepunch:t3:

4 Likes

And it does. What is more with an adjustable sized window. Logic seems to recognise it as an AU, but hasn’t validated its fx. Not sure what impact that might or might not have. I guess we’ll see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know Drambo but I only use it on iPhone. The best music app for me. I was curious about 1.5 update.

You can!

Got my UC4 the other day and have only just got around to plugging it in and having a play. What an amazing device (Drambo or no Drambo)!

Anyone know how you can get around MIDI mapping the A/B sends in Drambo? Would be nice to be able to map knobs to them but it doesn’t seem possible.

You might be able to put a slider or knob (utilities) module inside the “A&B” sends, then connect that to an amp or volume and map the slider or knob that way.

Ah never mind, you can actually map the sends as long as you’re on the screen mode where you can see all the Tracks at once. If you’re only able to see individual Tracks you can’t map it. Which seems like a bug?

1 Like

I’d imagine it’s for a reason, possibly for potential midi conflicts when switching between tracks, but I can’t say for sure.

I wasn’t aware that they were mappable from the Main page, so thanks for that:). I must’ve always been on track view every time I’ve done any mapping.

I have multiple things mapped to the same channel/CC/controller knob. Usually the same parameter that exists on multiple tracks that dont need controlled in real time together.

“Receives MIDI --> Active Track” is one of the best things about Drambo and its midi implementation.

I usually have only the Master Track (sometimes the A and B bus too) set to “Receive MIDI -->Always”, and all other tracks set to active track

1 Like

I have an m1 MacBook Air and am intrigued. I have read that this is a pretty complex program that takes a while to learn, which is why I have held off. I make techno/house and was thinking this could be a nice program to generate ideas and bounce to WAV and import into my DAW.

It’s no worse than the Octatrack!

Thats not terrible. Can I use it on a laptop with a trackpad or do I need a midi controller?

It’s touch-controlled on the iPad, trackpad on the Mac. MIDI controller is great but definitely not required

1 Like

Awesome. So basically I have a portable groove box in my MacBook Air if I get this thing.

1 Like

You’ll want to configure it for the macbook:

1 Like

Thank you - one other silly question. If I buy this in the App Store as an iOS app, will I need to repurchase it when they release the M1 MacBook version? I can’t find where to download the 1.5 beta anywhere so I was not sure on how that would work.