DoubleDrummer from Audiothingies

I made a little demo of the DoubleDrummer:

8 Likes

Not much talk about this, would love to see more videos

2 Likes

There aren’t many demos online unfortunately.

Who’s still rocking their DD these days? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I often thought OT, micromonsta, double drummer would be a wicked live setup, I might buy a DD just to try it out (have to find one first though)

Run that lot through Heat and a compressor and you’re in business!

2 Likes

Yeah I love mine. Lot of fun when you start using the sample import tool

1 Like

@bambrose Do you use it with an OT by any chance, and what’s your thoughts if so?

Where did you take the samples from.
I read the sample size is extremely limited as max 1 sec. per slot.

Been curious about this unit ever since it came out, wondering if he has any plans to revisit the idea for a new unit because the demos I’ve heard have been mostly underwhelming. With his DSP chops I feel like a more advanced drum synth from him would be really cool. The sampling element doesn’t seem very interesting or worthwhile though and there are already plenty of samplers on the market right now.

In the MM2 thread it was mentioned there won’t be a version 2 of the DD. (or at least not in the near future) But who knows maybe something else will see the day. :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried the Sample App on the new M1 Macs?
@elektrosamplist did you? Any change the app might get an update?

1 Like

Not specifically… but it would be a good match. I usually just trigger it from the pyramid and record that as a drum track

1 Like

Nope, I don’t own a M1 Mac.
Most probably it won’t get an update.

1 Like

Just in. Came with a package full of hearts. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Just got one in today. So far it’s sick. I got the Doctor A after sleeping on it and was so impressed, I wanted to try this.

This, the MM2 and doctor A are really fantastic. Hope he makes more or a mk2 one day!

1 Like

Yeah that’s be great. I love the double drummer. Really well thought out drum machine

1 Like