DoubleDrummer from Audiothingies

@elektrosamplist you might find interesting some users’ interests :wink:

+1 for separate outs.

1 Like
2 Likes

Woohoo, ordered one :slight_smile: GAS in full swing again. Manual is up, too: https://www.audiothingies.com/dl/doubledrummer/docs/doubledrummer_manual_1.0-preliminary1_en.pdf

I’d buy one in a heartbeat if it wasn’t lofi. I just want a small drum machine like this that doesn’t degrade samples. Let me do the degrading myself if I want it!

Seems like Samuel went for one MIDI channel and mapping drum sounds to MIDI notes, so your suggestion won’t work. Probably something a BomeBox could take care of.

2 Likes

The lofi aspect along with all the effects is what has me most interested, but it actually sounded a bit too clean to me from the demo.

Is the construction not that good then?

I’ve never tried the Micromonsta, so I can’t comment on that. I just prefer metal enclusures over plastic quite a bit.

I have a Micromonsta. It won’t survive a nuclear strike and the on/off switch seems a little flimsy, but overall I have no complaints about the build quality.

1 Like

I don’t mind having the ability to add lofi, I just want to be able to have clean when I want clean.

Received my DoubleDrummer today. Appearance is very close to Micromonsta. I hooked it up to my OT MK2 and realized that DD doesn’t play nicely with OT’s note on/off implementation. What happens is that every drum hit is triggered twice. Does anyone here know about a way around this?

@elektrosamplist is the man for such question I guess. Or @Supermows :wink:

That’s a bit of a bummer.
Ain’t no funk like a chromatically sequenced digital drum module receiving Arps and p-locks.
I Should have never let go of the ND2.

1 Like

Still havent received mine, @elektrosamplist will probably answer better than me :slight_smile:

1 Like

lovin’ it…still have the pad i’m trying to sell.

was interested in the DD, but went for the ND2 and have been very happy with it. still need to start programming my own sounds.

excited to see how complex the DD gets…sounds like the guy makes quality stuff/continually supports it.

Any chance this bloody octatrack is sending a note on with 0 velocity?
I guess so…, looks like I totally forgot this can happen…

Contact me via email, I’ll send a fix

2 Likes

You are the man! I’ll be in touch right now.

Just to let everyone know @elektrosamplist already got back to me with a fix. That’s how customer service works :). As I’m slightly inebriated and have some personal things to look after, it won’t be until tomorrow that I test drive the fix.

4 Likes

And indeed after sobering up I updated the DoubleDrummer and now it plays nicely with my OT. I have to say this is a nice companion drum module for anyone looking for a budget solution with more tweakability than just samples. Of course I’ve only briefly played around with it so far, so YMMV.

3 Likes

i didnt realise they were out but the demo sounded nice , esp. the fx …
ive got a P6 which sounds very nice , already have too many drum machines/samples…