DoubleDrummer from Audiothingies

What can it be now?

2 Likes

Cool. I wonder if he’s going down the drum synth path.

Indeed he is: http://www.audiothingies.com/product/doubledrummer/

1 Like

Lovely. Kinda thought that was where he would be going. Will order!

out of stock already?

I reckon he’s still in the building stage for the first batch. The micromonsta was listed as out of stock, but was actually in stock. I think as he’s a one man band it makes life easier as he’s not got a load of back orders.

Great kit though. Well made and with sounds as good as the big boys.

Huh- teased and revealed in the same day…

…huh…

Feels nice…

1 Like

kinda hoped for a FM synth…

Love my Micromonsta - such a good sounding little box, but i think i´ll pass on this one.

for sure. i always bypass the boring roland news in favour of this type of kit

I guess it’s got the small form factor in similarity to the recent Roland releases, but yeah totally agree that this type of thing is much more interesting than anything they’ve released in the past few years. (for me at least,in case any roland fan boys get upset :wink:)

Will be interesting to see where/if this takes the torch for portable digital drum modules that has been abandoned by Nord (Drum).

252.50 pretty good for a box that will be capable of 12 tracks of user samples (with compression on user samples), and 128 kit memories.
I wonder how much sample memory is on board.

Looking forward to hearing it. Could be a great buddy for MM/OT/DT.

1 Like

Are user samples capable on this? I’m just reading it has internal samples on AT’s site

My thoughts exactly. Not that I need it, but I’ve thought about a ND2 or an LXR a few times and now I’m glad I never did get either one. If only DT had proper audio through the combo DT+DD could have a lot of potential. Same goes for OT+MM+DD.

Yes, the web site mentions a tool to transfer your samples to the machine. Would be great if this were also capable of transfering custom wavetables to the Micromonsta, but that is pure wishful thinking. EDIT: audiothingies are doing it the same way as a certain other company we all know - the sample transfer tool will be released “later”.

1 Like

One really great thing about ND2 is the mode that allows you to put each drum on its own MIDI channel and play each one chromatically.
Combined with MM or OT’s arp… it becomes a whole other instrument.

No telling if the DD will be able to do this as well, but it would be great if it does, especially since it has so many voices.

2 Likes

i like the disclaimer… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah! For some reason this sprang to mind, from the very lanky (please read androgynous) and more importantly talented Ed DMX…

He knows what he’s doing.

I’m into it. I’d pay an extra $100 if it had a metal enclosure.

I’d pay an extra hundred if it had trigger inputs.

I’m still going to get this, though. Perfect pairing with the OT for me.

I’d pay an extra 100 for separate outputs

1 Like