Do aliens listen to music?

Our eyes are sensing different frequencies and amplitudes of light waves. This allows us to perceive an amazing amount of information “instantaneously”. For example a painting doesn’t really require any temporal element for you to see what’s in it (however you may need to spend time looking at it to understand it). With music you have to actually spend time listening to it to get all the information.
What if aliens had highly developed acoustic sensory organs, much better than bats for example.
Could they “paint” a picture with sound? Could you have an entire “movie” where sound is used to produce a virtual reality 3d world for them to experience? What would that sound like to us? Probably sound like some kind of complex noise.
Could our ears eventually bw trained to perceive the “images” in the sound? Perhaps we could only ever “see” a blurry image due to our under developed acoustic sensory organs/ears.

3 Likes

Ellen would like a word with you.

:alien:

1 Like

Debatable. Some people think it’s just noise, but Kirsten Dunst can’t get enough of it, then she starts glowing.

1 Like

you guys really out did yourselves this time with this thread.

on a serious note,

👽

the avengers would send them back through the tesseract portal anyway

It’s trains of thought like this that made me stop smoking weed.

5 Likes

Listening to music is a weird concept, recorded music even weirder.

I like to think that maybe if the aliens are out there then they use what we would term ‘music’ as an extension of their primary communication. Healing each other, expressing emotions etc, etc, etc.

Or they might be complete violent a’holes and make our most extreme music sound like kitten tunes…“those idiot earthlings with their silly soft furry creature music”

One thing is for sure. They will all be accomplished theremin players

Hahaha I haven’t smoked weed in years.
its fun to think about that stuff, just don’t take it too serious and you won’t get lost :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I did this once for a friend. He felt for some reason sad and i sang a tune from Freddy Mercury, not perfect so very out of tune, but he instantly recognized it and joined into. Afterwards he, we laughed and he started to feel better

I don’t think aliens are that different to us

When they raised the bar of technological development like we did, then they also asked the same questions: what is up there in the stars

Of course everything i said about now is under the premise that they exist in one or another form

1 Like

What you describe here makes me think of birds singing, each species their own song but same species answering each other.
Or even a field full of crickets. Or frogs in a pond…
Lots of information at once, yet it make sense for the individuals of each species.

When thinking about aliens, I always come back to the million species we haven’t even started to communicate with.

By the way, did you know that dolphins used their language to communicate pictures?
I remember having read some Science paper about the activated zones in the dolphin brain were similar when the dolphin sees a silhouette of a diver above the surface, with his eyes, or below, with their sonar, or when receiving the information from another dolphin that had just seen the diver.

I would so much want the humanity to hack other species communication. Not sure how this would be used, but still…

Neurolink

…dunno 'bout aliens…

but i know, siniging is the best anti depressiva…at least on this planet…
and the voice remains the oldest music instrument in human history…

1 Like

Bowie listened to all sorts of music.

2 Likes

Music listen to aliens.

“UFOs” are just not publicly identified. To the US, these are foreign aircraft and not aliens :frowning:

Sadly the “new” information is wholly uninteresting to anyone but the aforementioned conspiracy theorists :frowning:

I love sci-fi movies and theoreticals about “alien” life, but the moment someone tells me mystery Russian spacecraft or a flock of geese that “science can’t explain” I get a headache and feel bad for humanity in 2020.

To the topic, I think they’d listen to dub techno, something like The Bug

I imagine gleaming chrome and neon just blasting this on Earthlings while space rays bisect humans or zap them until their skeletons glow.

That or peacenik aliens playing some Krautrock, Ulrich Schnauss maybe?

Alternately, why not some Afrofuturism?

Gonna watch this later:

John Was Trying to Contact Aliens

2020PG 16mLGBTQ Films

A rural electronics whiz broadcasts radio signals into space and monitors for signs of aliens, but makes a more important connection here on Earth.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81252991?preventIntent=true

Update: a great little story about a man on a motivated journey with a suprising twist

3 Likes

I’d seek to point out we don’t really ‘gel’ with cognitive dissonance but vibrate highly enough to accept that it is valid and respected as an experience to all who wish to achieve ascendancy, intentionally or otherwise.
Attempting to distance oneself from the ‘target’ is folly.
One can ‘listen’ on many levels, in many realms and within multiple dimensions. Choosing not to reveals much.
There is a cat thread on this very forum. Coincidence does not exist.

1 Like

The aliens simply might not care for what we call music, that huge variety sound that we love in all its forms: HG Wells certainly entertained the idea of the them being hostile. They might not even like our pet cats, but when they look upon us with envious eyes. It might be our musical instruments and cats that they are envious of. And slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

The truth is out there…

Alf loves cats.

3 Likes

just came across this short movie and knew someone had to post it in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

well worth the 16 minutes to watch and i am sure most here will resonate with this in one way or another and might find some inspiration from it