Do aliens listen to music?

“UFOs” are just not publicly identified. To the US, these are foreign aircraft and not aliens :frowning:

Sadly the “new” information is wholly uninteresting to anyone but the aforementioned conspiracy theorists :frowning:

I love sci-fi movies and theoreticals about “alien” life, but the moment someone tells me mystery Russian spacecraft or a flock of geese that “science can’t explain” I get a headache and feel bad for humanity in 2020.

To the topic, I think they’d listen to dub techno, something like The Bug

I imagine gleaming chrome and neon just blasting this on Earthlings while space rays bisect humans or zap them until their skeletons glow.

That or peacenik aliens playing some Krautrock, Ulrich Schnauss maybe?

Alternately, why not some Afrofuturism?

Gonna watch this later:

John Was Trying to Contact Aliens

2020PG 16mLGBTQ Films

A rural electronics whiz broadcasts radio signals into space and monitors for signs of aliens, but makes a more important connection here on Earth.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81252991?preventIntent=true

Update: a great little story about a man on a motivated journey with a suprising twist

3 Likes

I’d seek to point out we don’t really ‘gel’ with cognitive dissonance but vibrate highly enough to accept that it is valid and respected as an experience to all who wish to achieve ascendancy, intentionally or otherwise.
Attempting to distance oneself from the ‘target’ is folly.
One can ‘listen’ on many levels, in many realms and within multiple dimensions. Choosing not to reveals much.
There is a cat thread on this very forum. Coincidence does not exist.

1 Like

The aliens simply might not care for what we call music, that huge variety sound that we love in all its forms: HG Wells certainly entertained the idea of the them being hostile. They might not even like our pet cats, but when they look upon us with envious eyes. It might be our musical instruments and cats that they are envious of. And slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

The truth is out there…

Alf loves cats.

3 Likes

just came across this short movie and knew someone had to post it in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

well worth the 16 minutes to watch and i am sure most here will resonate with this in one way or another and might find some inspiration from it

Since we’ve had shitty music on repeat on the airwaves, they can’t put their feet on the ground. Our best weapon, NASA and F.B.I launched Project Britney S. in the 90s with this in mind.

1 Like

If they listen to music it would probably be the whole song all at once, since they seem to have the technology to control the time parameter… I bet they don’t do things in a linear sense. They can place notes in every part of the galaxy in a instant in a cosmic boogaloo.

1 Like

You separate Earth creatures from other world creatures?

I posted this long time ago.

This is a real scientific investigation.

2 Likes

If anyone bothered to read the article I posted they would now know that Aliens in fact listen to Phish.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Wizards?

IF I decide to listen to music after vaping DMT, they seem to dig it, A LOT!
They seem to especially like wicked good electro, proper dubstep, or dub techno.
Mofo’s be boogiein!

You’ve never seen a saucer fly by slowly bumping Too Short?

what if aliens ARE music?

1 Like

Everything is music if quantum field theory is correct.

1 Like

so …by that logic …everything is aliens??

Actually, if that theory is correct, absolutely everything in existence, and nothing is waves. Fairly beautiful thought. And yes, if correct aliens are waves too. :smiley:

Edit:

The bigger question. Are friends electric? The answer to which is also yes.

1 Like

I like the idea that even if we did encounter aliens, would we even be able to recognise them?

Earth creatures are pretty much as far out as any alien could get, but music is a complex form of manipulation of sonic material to delight internally, or for an audience, and while bird and whale song are communicatively a sort of form of that, it’s quite different.

I often think of music as a highly peaceful endeavour, it really resonates in that way and doesn’t seek to destruct, so if aliens were musical in some way, then to me they understand the notion of peace, support, kindness, protection and so on.

At the end intelligence may transcend matter, to a point where infinite variations of reality are possible, and physical time and space sort of becomes irrelevant. It’s that old saying that humans biggest problem is not being able to sit in a room alone. Some kind of transcendent intelligent plasma I’d think would be indifferent to touring the universe, but instead perhaps just be content being entertained by its own eternal/internal delights.

2 Likes