Venturing into D&B territory

i finally decided to give it a try and started to make some D&B :grin:
itā€™s the first project of this type as iā€™ve been mainly making music without really sticking to a genre and mostly using a DAW to record
this is a track i made to taste the water (AR only, no samples); pretty basic i would say, nothing special really. it still needs some sounds adjustments, transitions, intro and andā€¦so be gentle :stuck_out_tongue: i hope youā€™ll enjoy

3 Likes

As a first foray, on a single unit and avoiding samples, this is great, Guga. Not perfect (and, of course, why should it be?) but nice and tight, restrained yet interesting. Heaps better than what Iā€™ve created so far. You managed to tip your hat to pretty much all the hallmarks of the genre, too.

If youā€™re interested in hearing a broad range of contemporary Liquid Dā€™nā€™B, Breakbeats and Jungle, I highly recommend the Hospital Records label. Their main Spotify playlist is well curated, has plenty of variety and thereā€™s usually something that makes you think ā€œOh yes!ā€ every few tracks. These guys pretty much sit at the top of the heap, label-wise.

Oh, and a great retrospective of classics acroos these styles can be found on their Fast Jungle Music playlist from 2015. It is interspersed with fun and informative commentary by the label founders Chris Goss and London Elektricity: https://open.spotify.com/album/3sAypuJUtip7U7hdSy1dfk

All power to your future beat-driven explorations. Looking forward to hearing where they take you.

hey @CitizenJ :relaxed:

thanks a lot CitizenJ, much appreciated commentā€¦didnā€™t really expect such a feedback on my first D&B track :astonished::relaxed:[quote=ā€œCitizenJ, post:2, topic:36737ā€]
If youā€™re interested in hearing a broad range of contemporary Liquid Dā€™nā€™B, Breakbeats and Jungle, I highly recommend the Hospital Records label. Their main Spotify playlist is well curated, has plenty of variety and thereā€™s usually something that makes you think ā€œOh yes!ā€ every few tracks. These guys pretty much sit at the top of the heap, label-wiseā€¦
[/quote]
i donā€™t use spotify personally, iā€™ve been listening to this internet radio for a while now though: http://bassdrive.com and wellā€¦been sweating to D&B beats a lot back then but never really got into making it. do you have any alternative to spotify? :ear: [quote=ā€œCitizenJ, post:2, topic:36737ā€]
All power to your future beat-driven explorations. Looking forward to hearing where they take you.
[/quote]
ā€¦me tooā€¦and maybe this time iā€™ll get something together for realā€¦ :grin: ā€¦and once again, thanks for your feedback @CitizenJ :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€¦decided to put some patterns together and song mode to get a basic structure i can work on:

https://soundcloud.com/gugabox/db-01ptn

i used only the AR, no samples, one kit (some slight changes for the patterns) - work in progessā€¦ :grin:

Just be sure not to confuse with Hospital Productions - a much better label but no dā€™nā€™b!

will probably (and hopefully :relaxed:) sound better with headphones/speakers. just one take, nothing done to the track afterwards

edit: AR+OT+FX(VST)