Display issues : Lines of pixels not as bright as the rest?

I hope your right, I’ve not had mine for long.:crossed_fingers::confused::crossed_fingers:

mine randomly had a dark hole in the screen looked crazy
I shut it off for a day turned it back on and it was fine

Same story here; had mine for about a week, purchased from Juno. It shipped with OS 1.04, so I presume it’s from a new batch but fresh out of the box I noticed a faded row of pixels about half way down the screen (still there) I’ve chosen to ignore it.

Unfortunately I find the sticking buttons far less easy to ignore. I’m presuming the problem is with the key caps, so I’m hoping that someone with CAD skills and a 3D printer can whip up a redesign soon. I’d shell out for 16 of those in a heartbeat.

Apparently the Digitone doesn’t have any ghosting at all. I really wonder if the screen has been upgraded or if the ghosting has been fixed in software. I would love for the Digitakt to not have these annoying shadows and ghosting.

1 Like

It’s the exact same screen. We made some changes to the graphics (specifically the Track indicator) that made the effect less apparent though. (Will be changed in Digitakt OS 1.05 as well)

11 Likes

Thanks! That sounds very good. I did notice on some screens it is much more apparent than others. Really cool you guys (and girls?) managed to reduce the ghosting so much :sunglasses:

Hi @Ess, I hope your management recognizes the value of your interaction with this community. From my point of view one of Elektron’s main assets besides these great instruments is the loyal customer base. Of course, this perception could be skewed, because I hang out here so much. I have a lot of gear, most of which I see as tools I’m not really attached to. With my Elektrons it’s a different story. I’ve really clicked with them and I eagerly await whatever comes next from Gothenburg. That’s definitely not the case with Roland, Korg, Moog or DSI. Not even TE come close. Transparency about what’s going on is a great way to demonstrate your empathy and your appreciation for your customers - at the end of the day it’s them - us, who pay your salaries. For me transparency is one of the guiding principles in my professional life, be it towards customers or the people in my team and I keep finding it does amazing things for working relationships. So please keep up the good work and get your management to recognize that this is worth it not just occasionally, but on an ongoing basis and it should be taken up a notch or two.

7 Likes

I also hope they do!

My interactions with Simon and I think Olle in tickets have been very good as well. It really helps to make up for things that went wrong. A good customer experience like that is invaluable.

1 Like

The first impression is the most important one and unfortunately the only time I needed support wasn’t as smooth as I’d hoped. I’m sure that they are trying to improve though and posting updates on this forum is very important.

I’m glad that the DT screen is getting a firmware fix!

Hi Simon. The DT documentation mentions that only OS 1.10 will work with OB.
Will OB now work with this upcoming OS 1.05 version? (The mention of 1.10 on the webpage is not there anymore…)
Cheers!

Simon makes it sounds like we will only get 1.0.5 soon and 1.1.0 with Overbridge support will be delayed further… I really hope that is not the case.

The screen on my DT (OS 1.10) there is a horizontal line of pixels which is slightly darker than the others - it’s the one that is level with and moves with the ‘sustain’ level on the AMP page. I’m a little worried about this as the problem seems to have developed over a couple of weeks.
Yes, it is menu dependant. And no @Ess , (ghosting) it’s not normal.

Can confirm …

I’m sad to inform you that six years on the Syntakt still has this problem. At least mine has it. Just bought it brand new and it also has the darker lines. It is especially bad when I’m in the Sound Browser menu and then press the LEFT button to access the menu options like ‘search’ and ‘filter’. When I scroll up and down through the menu I see a bar of darker pixels moving over the sound on the right.

If it stays this way I’m not happy but I can live with it. I’m just worried if it is something that gets worse over time.

Oh, and if you go in Testmode and press Trig1 all the pixels on the screen light up and they all have the same intensity, no gray pixels. So you would think it is something they somehow could fix in the software?

No, this looks normal (typical) for such a view when you have distinct variations in contrast on one part of the screen … there will be lots of examples of this, it’s not so much a software related artefact as a screen technology limitation one … perhaps there’s a way to better drive such screens, but i don’t believe software is the solution - i assumed everyone saw these ‘shadows’ as i see them occasionally on all devices depending on the display - it really manifests only when there is distinct blocking in certain areas - it never manifests on the test screen … for sure it’s not ideal, but you get used to it … i doubt it’s something which can be improved, but perhaps using a different display brightness will lessen the prominence of the ‘shadow’

no, it hasn’t been changing that way on any devices i have … it’s always the same in certain kinds of displays with that blocking in one area then casting a shadow on the remaining pixels … it neither improves nor worsens

FWIW the second reply to the op is from an ex Elektron employee (posting as such at that time) … the ‘ghosting’ is described as normal

Thank you for the quick reply. Knowing this is a known issue and something that will not get worse (or better) makes it more acceptable. I’m still a bit disappointed, but since it does not affect the functionality of the machine I look forward to exploring the Syntakt. :+1:

1 Like

Well, it did get worse. Instead of just the ‘ghosting’ effect or whatever it is called, I now have full lines across the screen that, in my opinion, are way out of the acceptable zone. Apparently it is an issue with the OLED screen of Syntakts bought around november 2023 or something, which is when I bought mine. :sleepy: I sent mine back to the shop for repairs and hopefully they put in a new screen.