Digitone +?

Please

Here Digitone plus Sidstation and Nord Drum 3p.

I don’t think they became market puppets. I think maybe they’ve just lost their way a bit?

@dubathonic and I visited yesterday and he brought his Mono. Hearing and seeing it was like seeing an old friend and feeling happy at hearing his voice again.

The limited MIDI out on the new machines is flabbergasting.

1 Like

Virus ti … I saw many ti2 for 1200 euros about… You could get a virus a/b for 400/500… Could go far with digitone…

1 Like

yeah “market puppets” isn’t right, i mean that the market development pushes towards a holding back and spreading functionality out on different products-mind set. i respect and appreciate the instruments for what they are marketed as and capable of doing at release, new functions is a plus. BUT yet i sometimes struggle with the thought of what midi seq-out of AR and A4 could be like.

ive seen your name in music, think it was on a Hecq album or similar to his style :thinking:

you can put a midi cable from the midi outs of the digitakt to the midi in and use the it to control things on the digitakt itself. For example to add more lfos.

1 Like

Sorry i read Digitakt. With the Digitone i don’t know but i think it is also possible

1 Like

Minitaur or Erebus would compliment well.

1 Like

A Virus Snow has four parts, is very compact and would be a killer combo.

2 Likes

Exactly what i did , good combo ! :slight_smile:

I think i like DN + Model:Samples better than DT

My only issue with any external piece of gear and the Digitone is the lack of support for the Bank Select LSB (sub-bank midi CC#32) - many pieces of gear (like Nord and Sequential keyboards) use the bank LSB (CC #32) instead of the bank select (CC #0) to select their patches (along with the program change message). Because of the MIDI implementation, you must send Bank or Sub-Bank messages immediately followed by the program change - if you send them out of order or with other messages in between they are often ignored silently (this is MIDI spec). The Digitone doesn’t do this unless you burn the first trig of a sequence and utilize the first two in order to send the sub-bank and program change, respectively. It makes it very hard to actually control which patch you’re using on external gear with more than 128 presets or gear that use the sub-bank selection mechanism. Why this is so, I have no idea, but it basically makes the Digitone useless for controlling Nord Leads, Prophets (including the Rev2) and probably other DSI/Sequential gear, and afaik a lot of vintage stuff too.

Got a Novation Nova, 6 part multitimbral VA with multitimbral FX and it works like a dream despite it being a 20 y old synth hehe

1 Like

I’m having exactly this dilemma in my head. I own a DT and DN and I’m thinking of Minitaur or Erebus v3 for analog mono bass (and some leads/stabs).

Why the Erebus over the minitaur and vice versa? I see the erebus as the more versatile semi-modular 3osc, hpass/lpass 12db filter. On the other hand moog filter sweeps, 24db filter, limited note range but better midi cc than erebus. Minitaur lacking PWM, which Erebus has. I think I’m sorted for percussions and pads, stabs, arps with DT and DN i own.

Would appreciate some opinions on Minitaur vs. Erebus 3 or maybe Sirin? Thanks!