Digitone portamento?

Thanks for your reply, mate.
I thought don’t having it on mono will prevent the portamento from work. What could i possibly be missing? I activate the portamento in the menu they write about in the manual. Can I play portamento live with the keys on the digitone?

Yes you can.

There’s a portamento settings page where you can select legato only, track only, voice only.

But generally just flick portamento on the trigs page and you can jam it on keys.

2 Likes

Thanks man! I got it, finally. Nice sounds! Cool addition to the box

I just discovered the constant time slope + glissando settings combo. Good stuff. Gotta love those chromatic runs! :joy:

1 Like

Have they updated Digitone / Digitone Keys with a portamento / glide feature? Or is it still lacking this rather crucial option?
I’m looking into buying the Keys version. I need a glide / portamento knob though
Rather strange that this is missing… Or is it not? IMHO every synth with a sequencer should have a (dedicated) portamento / glide knob

The Digitone has portamento as of OS 1.20

Implemented portamento functionality. The portamento parameters are on the TRIG page and the portamento settings are found here: SETTINGS > SOUNDS > SETUP > PORTAMENTO.

2 Likes

That is a pleasant answer! Thanks for replying quickly. So is this knob accessed quickly too? Or hidden away in sub-sub menu’s? Because it looks like its hidden away. (I have nevr use a digitone. Only the Octatrack mk1)
I have the Microfreak and GLIDE + PITCH BEND TOUCH STRIP = pure heaven. It is a very performance oriented little synth.
Also, is the glide P-Lockable on the Digitone? Thanks again

There isn’t a dedicated knob as thats not really possible and doesn’t make sense with all the features it has but it’s easy to access the switch to turn on and amount…
Some of the more detailed settings are in a menu… for digitone anyhow not sure about keys.
I think the glide amount is lockable but not 100% sure

It’s a menu or two deep, not really made for performance. This might be different on the DNK, but I’ve never handled one EDIT - Looks like its been a while since I’ve had my Digitone. The Portamento has dedicated control on the note page like any other parameter.

The keys has a dedicated button for glide. These portamento in the digitone is very deep… Probably the best ever made.

2 Likes

Yes, you P lock portamento ON/OFF, you can also P lock Portamento amount.
In the track settings menu you can go deeper and choose all sorts of portamento behaviour. I usually choose legato only.

2 Likes

Yes, you go to note menu, and the two lower right knobs are for setting up portamento.

Yes it is.

1 Like

Oh cool. I can see it in the picture. There’s a portamento button just above the lowest C note key. Very neat. I’ll look into it further. Thanks for the replies!

So can you “sequence” portamento (and other parameters) without sequencing notes? Start the sequencer and then play with the keys? And then will it affect the notes you play? Much like the Monologue for example.
So basically use the sequencer as a (clock synced) modulator while playing notes live. That would be sick! :wink: