Digitone no longer available in Overbridge after updating to 2.7.3

Just updated Overbridge to 2.7.3 and now Overbridge can’t detect my Digitone - I’ve sent a support ticket but figured I’d ask here in case anyone else has had this problem and has been able to fix it?

I’m on Windows 11 running Digitone OS 1.41 with no other USB devices connected.

It’s working fine in USB Audio/MIDI mode and Overbridge can see it then because it prompts me to switch to Overbridge mode.

But when I set the Digitone to Overbridge mode it disappears.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling Overbridge, as well as uninstalling Overbridge, deleting the registry keys and then reinstalling as per the support pages. I’ve also tried updating the Digitone OS again but no luck. Everything was working fine prior to updating so this might be a bug with 2.7.3? I can’t remember which version I was on before but it was recent.

Editing to add - Digitone reports 0 errors in Test Mode. Elektron Transfer connects just fine.

EDIT - SOLVED

Solution here:

2 Likes

Same for me, same behavior as you described. ST and DN are unable to connect to the latest OS.

2 Likes

Ah sounds like it might be a bug with the latest update, d’oh!

2 Likes

What about uninstalling it/reinstalling it. I had to do that today because Overbridge only showed my Syntakt, not my Digitone.

Yup I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled a few times now, no success unfortunately

Another thread saying the same thing by djenzyme like a week ago, was regarding a Mac but seems to be the same behavior. Overbridge (uninstaller) could only detect the device when uninstalling. Seems to be an issue for more than Windows users. I thought it might have to do with an older issue that I saw mentioned a while ago and which I linked there, but now it seems like this is something new regarding the OS upgrade (which I have not yet done).

1 Like

Ah I missed that, I requested a previous version with my support ticket as the one I was on before was working absolutely fine so hopefully they’ll be able to sort me out.

1 Like

a previous version of overbridge?

Yup!

That’s probably all you can do for now is downgrade, which is dumb, but better than the device not recognized. I just looked and I guess I don’t have it on this computer otherwise I’d pass you a copy.

1 Like

Yeah hopefully I’ll hear back soonish! And thanks, really appreciate the thought! :smile:

1 Like

Quick update to say my Digitone is working fine with Overbridge now thanks to Patrik at Elektron. Copying and pasting the solution here for anyone else that might encounter this issue. :slight_smile:

1. Power off the Elektron device and disconnect it from the computer.
  2. Go to Windows Device Manager.
  3. Expand every category.
  4. Go to the top View menu and press on Show hidden devices.
  5. Where you see the Elektron device, right-click and press Uninstall device.
  6. Connect the Elektron device to your computer and power it on.
9 Likes

Oh nice! Happy it was fast. Thanks @Patrik!

2 Likes

This was not fixed in 2.7.9

The steps above didn’t work? Probably best to open a support ticket with Elektron if so. I’ve not updated Overbridge so can’t confirm here

1 Like

Yes this worked, but i would have thought they fixed this in 2.7.9 manual deleting this in device view. As it is very confusing, was lucky to stumble upon this in this tread. Going to rollback.

1 Like

I generally avoid updating software, including Overbridge, when all it mentions is stuff for Macs in the changelog. I’m in Win11, and Overbridge v2.5.4 is still working well for me.

Thanks for this - saved me!

1 Like