Digitone + Lyra 8 + Heat = INDUSTRIAL DOOM

Got a Lyra 8 two weeks ago. It’s awesome.
It’s even better through the AH and a bunch of FX, which is even better when you throw in the Digitone on top.

I hope you all like pretty poorly improvised industrial doom.

23 Likes

Nice. I need to get some time to use my lyra 8. What setting do you use on the ah

1 Like

So excited to get my lyraaaa. Nice to know it played nice with the digitone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have it on the master buss as an insert effect, set on Enhancement and everything turned up to 11, low EQ full boost and high EQ cut a bit.
Ideally I’d like a pair of Heats, one for the master buss and the other for more specific, targeted acts of destruction but I’m not made of money, unfortunately.

1 Like

Love this kind of stuff!
Sounds great. Nice stereo field manipulation.
:+1:t3:

1 Like

I’ve found the Digitone really likes the dirtier stuff.

Cheers for that.brought one myself a few weeks ago but been rushed off my feet to have a proper go with it.yeah two would be brilliant. Good combo that and the lyra 8

1 Like

The stereo stuff was pretty easy really. I’ve got the Lyra plugged in to a super ego, so I’ve split out the dry Lyra signal into a stereo reverb pedal and put the super ego affected signal through a bitcrusher, chorus and stereo triple delay running in series with a ping pong sandwiched between two modulated delays. Obviously, having two drones of a similar frequency bouncing around the stereo field causes all sorts of phasing issues which I think sound pretty awesome.

3 Likes

Very nice
I went to sun o))) some weeks ago
Had no idea where i went to
But an old collegue once adviced me to see them 5 y ago
And now they played in my hometown

Just bought the heat, love its sound (and your music)

4 Likes

My ears have heard the glory. What an awesome tune. Keep it coming. Also:

Enhancement all the sounds (it’s my go-to circuit on the heat). :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Great!
Sunn 0)))y music :slight_smile:

The digitone, after it got the offset pitch update, is a mean machine. Drone master.
Lyra probably is no slouch either :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not that good, but thanks for your enthusiasm!

Enhancement and saturation for me. They can go from lovely subtle sparkle right up to gritty and hissy filth, all without affecting the low end too much. But that’s using the Heat exclusively on the master. I think I’d be more inclined to use the right hand circuits if I was using it as an insert on something.

2 Likes

High praise indeed to even have them mentioned in relation to my excretions.
Though I am merely pissing around the edges like an infant when compared to the hooded masters.

1 Like

It’s excellent! Keep pushing, and crush your daemon’s toes with it!!

1 Like

I reckon that’d sound great with some big dirty distorted hip hop drums sidechaining it. Just a thought!

2 Likes

I’ll dust off the old 3630 and let you know…

1 Like

How did you split out your audio with Lyra?

So the Lyra goes directly into the INPUT then the OUTPUT is the dry Lyra signal which then goes through a reverb and into the mixer. Then I have a cable coming out of the SEND which goes through a bunch of effects and into the mixer as the superego output. This is instead of going back into the RETURN and the OUTPUT being a blend of the two signals.

3 Likes

This one is just the Lyra and effects pedals through the Heat (same settings as before). I’ve also added a quadraverb on the superego output for a little bit of crunchy reverb and flange.
Much more droney and noisy, I love how blistery the Lyra gets when you really push it.

4 Likes

Love it. So gritty and textured!

1 Like