Digitone Keys into Ableton as main keyboard MIDI controller

Hello there. Just got my Digitone Keys and very happy about it.
I am trying to use its keys into my main DAW (ableton 10) as main keyboard but even after reading all the posts and checking the vids I cannot crack it. I assume the solution might be easy but I really need to pick your brains about it.
Thx
FM

Did you press the button that turns it into an external MIDI keyboard. The button is right above the low E key. Also, did you set the MIDI EXT setting in MIDI Setup? Do you have the DNK set up as a MIDI source in Ableton?

I use it with Reason and it works great.

3 Likes

that was the missing point … working beautifully … thx so much

3 Likes

BTW: You can also map the 8 knobs above the keyboard to external MIDI instruments. Press the “User Assign” button until it glows brighter. The screen on the DNK changes to show the 8 knobs. Then use the MIDI learn feature on the external instrument to map the knob(s).

2 Likes

correct. next step

When you get along with that, try this also, you can use your dkeys as a control surface, so those knobs can be used on rack macros depending which track u have selected.

Looks like I am going to have the same situation. Will be using Studio One 6 as well as Ableton Live Lite, thru a PreSonus io station 24c interface and surface controller. As long as I have the USB connection on the Keys I should be able to use it, right? Otherwise I would have to have a special MIDI/usb cable to work with a regular keyboard, correct? Am all new to this DAW stuff and interfaces. Prior to this have gotten along quite nicely with my Zoom L12. Am in need of some assistance please.