Using DT to control Ableton devices and macros via the blue hand

I know it is possible to midi assign the 8 encoders on the DT to control parameters in Live. However, I was wondering if it might be possible to set up the Dt as a control surface to take advantage of the blue hand icon to automatically map them? I understand I would have to create a user remote script but I’ve never done this before. Has anyone any experience doing this, especially with the DT?

1 Like

i’ve made one if you want to give it a try

Hey, I would be keen to try please.

Here’s an Ableton Live user remote script for automapping with the DT.
It will automap (or ‘bluehand’) with the 8 macros of any Instrument/FX racks.
(there’s no control over Live’s device banks due to no extra cc midi controls available on DT)

Digitakt.zip (2.3 KB)

On the computer:

• Unzip the attached file and place the ‘Digitakt’ folder inside your home folder’s Preferences/Ableton/Live X.X.X/User Remote Scripts folder
  • Launch Live, open Prefs and select ‘Digitakt’ as a Control Surface.
  • Set the Control Surface’s Input chooser to ‘Elektron Digitakt’, leaveing Output set to None
  • Enable the MIDI Input’s Track switch (Yellow ‘On’)

On the DT:

• Settings/MIDI Config/Port Config: Encoder Dest should be Int+Ext or Ext
  • Settings/MIDI Config/Channels: Set whichever MIDI track you’re using (A to H) to channel 16
  • Select a MIDI track and enable its CC controls on the FLTR page by FUNC+pressing them

You should now be able to control your racks.

10 Likes

Wow, this is exactly what i am looking for. It it complicated to make this work with a Digitone?

1 Like

I’ve just updated the DT one as it wasnt working anymore.

I don’t have a DN, but looking at the manual it uses the same default midi CCs as the DT (70-77), so it should work with the port names changed from Digitakt to Digitone. Here’s an altered one that should work for DN - does it work for you?

Digitone.zip (2.4 KB)

2 Likes

Yesss, works perfect!!! I am using T1 as Bluehand and T2-4 for “normal”
midimappin. Thats all I need :slight_smile:

tnxsomuch ^.^

1 Like

Hi guys! I was just about asking for the same thing.

I work a lot with Clyphx Pro and i use a the Midi fighter Twister knobs for controlling parameters and the buttons for changing the banks in groups of 16 patameters since the MF has 16 knobs/buttons.

Using an extension of Clyphx called “Bindings” I can setup the 4 top buttons to select which bank I’m controlling (4 x 16 parameters which is enough for me) . On the other buttons i can select which particular device I’m controlling.

Taking it a little bit further I use Touchable Pro and I’ve built a template which lets me navigate to any device across any track with only the press of a button on the iPad which is great and offers a quick and flexible control across mu liveset.

With this said I’m looking for a way to apply the same technique on the DT but as mentioned above not having a cc to change banks is an essential aspect for doing this.

Also it would be great if reload patter also had a cc value.

:wink:

thx, very cool!

Great
Thanks