Digitone Keys - Discontinued? really?!

Usually there is a brief window where the price drops as retailers clear out (e.g. Sirin) before the price starts to spiral upwards :smiley:

1 Like

Sure that’s a reason why, but if something was a “confirmed fact” you’d think threadposter would do the same :smiley:

Syntakt as DT + DN in a keyboard form confirmed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m considering getting a DTK but noticed no store in my country (NL) has them in stock, nor can you add it your cart anymore on elektron.se. I guess it hasn’t been a huge seller and/or general parts shortage may have made it unattractive for Elektron to keep making them. Or perhaps another keyboard device is on its way. Any of you have any insights as to what’s in the cards for the DTK?

EDIT - thanks for merging my post in this thread, I wasn’t aware of this one. I looked a bit more but cannot see any official mention of the DTK being discontinued, and obviously the Syntakt isn’t its replacement. Plus it’s still listed as a current product on the Elektron site. So situation unclear, I’ll keep an eye out for it in and maybe see if I can find one second hand otherwise.

Ive been looking out for a used one but even they seem to have dried up a lot

The most recent elektron newsletter included “Analog Heat MKII back in stock”, which was presumably due to supply chain shortages. It wasn’t discontinued, just out of stock. Maybe the DK is currently out of stock for similar reasons.

It seems to be common that retailers who can’t get stock like to claim the product is discontinued, leading to threads like this one, or that one:

Or that one:

The reports of their death were greatly exaggerated.

3 Likes

lol, I thought this was the analog keys thread. don’t have my glasses on.

post deleted :joy: :eyeglasses:

2 Likes

There were a few days in May or early June where DNKs seemed to be in stock. They ran out quickly (or I was mistaken). At the time, I interpreted this as supply-chain related.

<rant>
The new website makes this harder to work with. You can “buy now” in a couple of places on the new site, and it’s only when you get to the final spot before being able to add to cart that you’re shown “out of stock”. The old site would list “out of stock” everywhere a “buy it” button was found.</rant>

2 Likes

I just got word from a shop that has a lot of business with Elektron. They’ve been told that the Digitone Keys will not be back in stock until November (!). But it’s not being discontinued according to them…

Edit: I just ordered one from another shop that had 1 left in stock. So they’re sold out as a result and now indicate ‘18 weeks’ delivery time which aligns with the November date the other shop mentioned.

6 Likes

Guessing I’m no longer saving for up for one :skull:

Your first image is from Elektron.

One certainly can make other explanations, but your conclusion seems possible. A new model is another. Or just a production lapse.

Perhaps something used. Still plenty of nice Analog Keys on the used market still, so the Digitone Keys will be in the used market for years.

1 Like

For sure, but I do hope that there are enough floating out there to keep prices down!

If you’re in Canada, Nightlife Electronics in Vancouver has one/some:

Just checked and they also do international shipping. See their shipping policy for details.

3 Likes

Thanks but I’ll wait and see what the used market prices do! Currently ballin’ on a budget :joy:

I heard this back in November … hopefully there is another interesting product from :3lektron: soon of equivalent attractiveness & function & playability

1 Like

I do wonder what the future of Elektron “-keys” products are. I hope that both having such short runs isn’t an indicator that they don’t see a market for it.

It might not be the biggest audience but they have such potential as instruments.

Had one for a bit and the encoders lagged slightly which was a pain for programming steps, but as a package it’s hard to beat if you’re a keyboardist and dig Elektron gear.

2 Likes

Once they discontinued the case I knew it was a matter of time… Glad I got one… future classic for sure.

1 Like

I really wish I had picked one of those cases up…I’m still in the place of not being sure how I’d transport the thing if I had to.

Very similar thread here: Digitone Keys out of stock?

Very glad I got one, if it does become discontinued!

1 Like

£19.99 on ebay!

28 Likes