Digitone is now shipping

Man, it’s disappointing to read about all of issues people are running into with the Digitone. I was hoping the Digitakt’s issues would be a one time thing and that the Digitone would benefit from being built on the same foundation.

Maybe I’m being naive but I hope that Elektron’s current QC issues stem from overcommitting in 2017 (between the Digitakt, the MK2s, and Overbridge) and will be improved going forward.

I guess we’ll see how the Digitakt update and Overbridge come out, whenever that happens. I’ll be surprised if we see both in February at this point.

Congrats! Twins sounds insane!
He wouldn’t stop crying until I gave him the Digitone!

23 Likes

When I was that age all I had was a rattle :sunglasses:

4 Likes

When my son was 0 - 1, hè stopped crying and slept very well on techno

6 Likes

Will have more thoughts later. I just wanted to say that in a couple of hours of messing around last night and this morning, mine has had no issues and seems fine - other than me getting used to this form factor and some of the weird decisions that I’ve heard are on the Digitakt as well (no separate “send clock” and “send transport” config option?).

I didn’t try Arp aside from enabling it on one of the demo tracks briefly to see if it would freeze but didn’t dig into it. I can’t seem to think melodically at all right now so I just made strange soundscapes. Haven’t tried any MIDI yet either, aside from just using MIDI out to an Oplab to sync to the new PO-35 Pocket Operator, which worked fine.

Through multiple power ups and power downs and moving it from my couch to my workbench area to record something this morning, no issues.

4 Likes

We just uploaded OS 1.01 which fixes the bugs mentioned here. Official news post coming soon!

I wish you all a great weekend and sorry for a first few shaky days with the DN.

(And yes, we are of course working on the DT in parallel!)

40 Likes

And here’s my first recording. Straight out of the box with no post-processing (I do have a version of it run through a multipressor that sounds a little tighter and brighter but wanted to share a direct out).

I can’t seem to do anything melodic right now so I just made a couple of soundscape sounds. I also got the PO-35 “Speak” yesterday and have made one rough pattern on it and decided to run that through the Digitone this morning for some reverb and delay alongside these other sounds. This is just two Digitone tracks in a single 32 step pattern with a bit of conditionals. Very rough. But cool. Love the sounds of this thing. It almost feels like a vector synth in a way with how easy it is to have two very different tones in a sound and through the AB envelopes and/or the ‘mix’ param alone they can drift in and out.

(The phrase I spoke into the ‘Speak’ was “come on user, suck my battery!” in reference to a line from Flight Of The Conchord’s excellent ‘the humans are dead’ song) :wink:

13 Likes

Thanks for the bug fixes Elektron! Now please ensure Kraft Music gets a bunch of units in stock so i can actually own one.

I think you would achieve better results if you focused on one thing at a time.

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s more than one person at elektron.

5 Likes

Of course! But only one computer…

9 Likes

Amazing… Cheers for speedy bug squash!

My daughter went to sleep easiest during the day to heavy dub when she was a baby… but then she had been exposed to several full-on club night PAs before she was born.

Edit to keep vaguely on topic- she later learned piano to Grade 2 or 3 on a DX7.

2 Likes

Nice. I’ve tried to get my son (3 years old) into music but he has zero patience or interest for it for at home (I have keyboards and drums/percussion). But if we go to a music store, he runs to a piano/keyboard, sits down, and starts pressing keys. Go figure.

We are in next level now

Soon its time for digitone

4 Likes

A bug fix update just one day after folks received the very first of the first batch units.

Speedy squashing, indeed.

3 Likes

Whoa, that’s ace! Love it :smiley:

Yeah, Elektron were pretty quick with the OS updates on the DT for a while too. What was it, like, 4 in a month/month.5?

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll upload and test the new firmware once the baby is done making some FM jams!

3 Likes

No more LED issues! Thanks a ton for the quick fix :smiley:

13 Likes