Digitone feature requests!

Ok - I’m a dummy. Arp swing is achievable similarly to the MNM.

From Tarekiths MNM tricks & tips :

Faking arp Swing:

I’ve managed to make a “swing effect” with the arp alone.*

If you set the arp to key mode, fastest speed. (1x) And only a trig on step one, and 9, it will have something like 65% swing. If you set the second trig on step 8, it will have something like 58%. On step 6, it has no swing. (50%) This way you can also have a lower swing than 50%.*

What feature to complain about now?

How about midi-loopback without needing a cable?

Some other way of getting more tracks.

My use-case is making radio-ready music on the DN alone.

Yes! Save direct to sound pool. That’s a great idea.

4 Likes

+1 for slides!

Already possible no ?

A quick way of doing it would be amazing. Unless I’m missing something, right now you gotta save the track sound into the Sound Manager and then load it into the sound pool.

It’s not especially complex but it does require a good number of button presses and encoder twists. A quick button combo would be nice but I’m guessing it’s problematic from a development POV cos you would need to have the sound saved somewhere, where should it be saved, how should it be named etc. etc?

I think you can do : sound mgmt -> sound pool -> then right “>” on the sound pool slot you want then “copy there” or something alike.
And next time you access sound mgmt you’ll already be in the sound pool

1 Like

Yes sure but a quick/direct way is what we would like. Preferably also being able to add a PLocked trig directly to the soundpool.

5 Likes

Digitone keys/ Digitone + external midi keyboard

1. mode/ pitch weel data for internal sequencer
  2. mode/ pitch weel and aftertouch to LFO
  3. more LFOs
  4. chain
  5. tuner
  6. New FX like binaural , flanger, lo-fi bit-reduction, surround
    Dear Elektron Team. Thank You for your future updates!

Have a good day and fresh ideas!

4 Likes

Yes I understand, just wanted to tell Jimbrakpool there was a way to save in sound pool

1 Like

I just want all LFO parameters on one page… LFO 1 on page 1, LFO 2 on page 2. Makes so much more sense! It is nice to be able to mess w the depth of both LFOs on the same page but I’d gladly give that up.

4 Likes

If any of y’all use NFM on iOS, the operators in there can be individually panned. That’d be insanely awesome on the DN.

I’d also love to be able to sort by tags when viewing the sound pool and not just the +drive.

3 Likes

I’ve requested that too but it may not be possible since it would require two filters - one for each channel. However, we don’t necessarily need the filter in FM so I hope we’ll still see it.

1 Like

AND MORE LFOs! We need at least… 3 times as many!

9 Likes
  • separate volume control for headphones/mains
  • full midi in/out for the tracks
  • a chord progression mode
  • a quicker way to add sounds in the pool from the banks (on the fly), because it’s a pain to edit the pool
  • a proper tool to edit, transfer and save patterns (like Behringer).

That sounds well organized. Didn’t know that bothered me until now!

1 Like

im gonna need to be able to pass through/record aftertouch to the midi sequencer from my launchpad pro because i use digitone as my main synth sequencer. its almost perfect aside from that

1 Like

Some other master effects like parametric EQ, a dry/wet waveshaper, high-pass filter, compresser, etc. Any of them’d be welcomed :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I like the Fill function, so usefull for variations. However, I’d like to be able to decide on which track it’s takes effect. So, can you please add an option in the sound setup where you can set the fill to work globally or per track? The latter option then would activate the fill only for selected tracks, which you select by [Fill]+[T1…4].

3 Likes

Might have been said and if not then there must be a workaround: Note LFO!
The OT Can send a midi LFO to note but the DN does not allow me to LFO the note.

Mute buttons on the sequencer buttons instead of track buttons. That way you can have access to all 4 syn track and all 4 midi track mutes, on one panel. Much more live player friendly.

8 Likes