Digitone feature requests!

Totally agree, I put that request here already some time ago.
It also really bugs me that the normal settings menu does this already, but that’s a menu you access less frequently.

2 Likes

Indeed! It didn’t click with me that the idea is there for other menus, which is all the more a good reason to have it for that frequently visited menu :blush:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned yet

1. The same way you can now preview locked sounds (Trig +yes in Rec mode), please add an additional option to save that sound to the pool and/or drive!

2. once we re at it, could the sounds be somehow grouped into collections/kits? My thought was something along the lines of smaller, more manageable groups of sounds that can be user defined. For example “IDM KIT” , “MIN TECH KIT 2”, “DRONE PADS” etc. Obviously different users will create different groupings. The advantage of that would be that you could load such a group to the pool all at once.

5 Likes

Actually now that I think about it, maybe a way to toggle lfo 3 and 4 to not be used by midi and instead on the main track would be great

1 Like

Nevermind

I would really like an option for the external input level, and possibly midi settings to be universal, instead of per pattern.

(Maybe I’m missing something, wouldn’t be the first time.)

3 Likes

Latch Fill mode working in GRID RECORDING mode too - like Model:Cycles.
It’s much easier to work with/edit Fill trigs in tracks this way.

Choose individual outs for each track via OB standalone.

For now in the audio&midi settings you can only choose one out from your interface. It would be nice to be able to choose outs for each tracks (without having to use a DAW)

(I had an aux from the input in pre mode that would output the in even though it was OFF in capture mode so resolved the problem for case 2)

I really like how you can copy and paste to other patterns while staying in the current pattern…
I would like to be able to reload patterns the same way…

If you temp save then go crazy with delay or whatever then swap patterns it would be great to be able to reload it back to original state before returning to it!..

Just press pattern, select pattern number and press no to reload

5 Likes

Does anyone know if/when Elektron is planning to release the next firmware update for Digitone (Keys)/Digitakt? The only reason I ask is that I feel like it would be incredibly simple to improve the pattern chaining functionality. In my mind, there should be some button combination with the Pattern key to enter pattern chain mode without having to hold down trigs to keep the chain alive (e.g. PTN + TRK or PTN + Sound Browser). It would also be nice if the patterns selected to chain would be displayed vertically so that we can see all the patterns added to the chain past the fourth or fifth pattern. This is literally my only remaining gripe with these machines lol - it shouldn’t be that hard and part of me suspects they are withholding this improvement intentionally.

2 Likes

Nope.

And seeing as chaining patterns is only done occasionally, the process doesn’t really need to be streamlined imo. All it needs is to be saved along with the project, with a way to jump in and out of pattern chaining mode.

Arp to pitch by default, selectable to destination aft/mw/vel since those can be routed to 4 destinations allready. Filter arp sequence with velocity. And not to forget the ability to record this as locks

3 Likes

Would it be possible to see animated LFO parameters?
E.g. you assign LFO 1 to frequency, and the frequency graphic animates according to how the LFO is effecting it?

13 Likes

I´d like to block a track from being affected y CTRL-ALL.

I know you can p-lock the triggers but the problem comes when you sequence the DN externally.

2 Likes

Function plus trig allows you to p-lock without adding a note. Tedious I know, but it’s a workaround for now (and possibly forever).

Edit: unless you mean sending CCs from an external device too, then I don’t know what to suggest :slight_smile:

Yes, if notes are coming from the OT the p-locks don’t work.

1 Like

I’d love to have frequency spectr analyser for digitone’s output and input, in order to preview spectrogram of external audio source (e.g. trombone sample) and to try to resynthesize it with digitone’s operator, or just resynthesis functioality itself.

Seriously?!

1 Like

This is a logical feature request and wanted by many.
It could possibly be implemented by pressing and holding any of the Track keys and then changing parameters. For example press T1 and T2 and change a parameter to affect only those two tracks.

4 Likes

Thing is, if this feature was brought to Digitone, it would have to be implemented on other boxes, so a more elegant solution would be needed. How would it be done on DT, for example.