Digitone feature requests!

I guess you could kind of do this by setting Attack and Decay = 0 so that the overall envelope level is exactly the same as the end level apart from a really small click at the start, which you can get rid of by slightly increasing the Amp Attack time. Not ideal but should do the trick

I think the digitone only needs a couple things done to fix the mutes to make them easierā€¦
firstly change the global mutes to green instead of red,
and then be able to hit function while in mute mode to select tracksā€¦

But the example you have made does make it look easier like the digitakt .
Then the track buttons could be just for selecting tracksā€¦

6 Likes

I would love to be able to press func to switch tracks in mute mode, its really the only feature I miss as I use the digitakt to do any sequencing.

2 Likes

Being able to hold FUNC or MIDI + TRACK button to select a track while in mute mode would be awesome. If anything, I hope at least that gets implemented. But it wouldnā€™t solve the problem of having to toggle between MIDI mode and normal mode to select/mute the midi tracks.

7 Likes

adding the function + track to select a track in mute mode would definitely be a nice additionā€¦

and I agree with your earlier post the lack of flashing lights in track select mode makes it hard to tell which track is playing when not in mute modeā€¦ i would like that added as a feature as well.

my last request would be to make the selected track red like all the other Elektrons and have the mute mode green and leave everything else as isā€¦ it just seems opposite to me, i can live with red mutes its just im so used to seeing green as global mutes

These are my request but I would be happy if just got track select while in mute mode as you said.
and its completely up to Elektron if they want to change anything or leave it in the end.
we can put in feature requests at least

2 Likes

It would be cool if maybe the volume control in the amp page could be set to only effect the original loaded sound and not sounds from the sound pool that are plocked. So load a kick sound and then add hats and snares or whatever and then use that sound volume dial on the amp page to mute the kicks (or whatever the original sound is)

Couldnā€™t you do this by plocking the volume of each snare/hat hit?

Iā€™m thinking in a performative context it would be a fast way to do it. Having to p lock and figure out which steps turn down On four pages of trigs wouldnā€™t really help. This would be manageable if the sequence was only 16 steps, but in that case Iā€™d probably just erase them and lay them down again. Unless you know of a trick to temporarily enable / disable plock states, which would actually be super cool, like parts on the OT.

If youā€™re not using fills for anything, you could give all your kicks the negative fill in so you can mute them by holding the fill/page button. I do it in practically every track that had a kick in it.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a great tip! Nice one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That only works as you hold the button though right? Is there a way to instantly switch to another pattern or does it always have to reach the final step? That would be great tooā€¦

Yeah, youā€™ll have to hold the fill button. I saw there is a latch mode, but I havenā€™t tried it:

10.10.4 FILL MODE
FILL mode can be used to create a temporary variation, such as a drum fill, in your pattern.
Press [YES] + [PAGE] to cue FILL mode for one pattern cycle. All LEDs starts to
flash. FILL mode becomes active (All LEDs turns on) when the pattern loops, and
remain active until it loops again. You can also press and hold the [PAGE] key when the pattern is playing
(GRID RECORDING mode cannot be active) to activate FILL mode at any time, and for any duration. The
FILL mode is active for as long as you hold the [PAGE] key.
Press and hold [PAGE] + [YES], and then release [PAGE] before you release [YES] to latch FILL mode.
Press [PAGE] again to unlatch FILL mode.

3 Likes

Hey thanks! Iā€™ve been trying to spend more time with the DN. Time to ReRTFM.

Iā€™d definitely like some features to help with tracks that have many sound locks. Iā€™ve been going a bit crazy lately with cramming as many sounds as I can on one track, but then ā€˜mixingā€™ those sounds is a bloody nightmare.

Something like padlocking parameters on specific trigs so that tweaking parameters only effects certain sounds.
For example, If I had a kick and a snare on one track, I could padlock the snare trigs, turn the volume on the track and it would only effect the kick.

3 Likes

Just 1 or 2 more LFOs and Paramater Sliding and this device would be perfect.

5 Likes

I would like a mode that automatically plays through the patterns like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8ā€¦
It wouldnā€™t be a song mode but we could copy and paste to use it like that.

1 Like

midi thru configurable as midi out B

6 Likes

Oh hell yes!!

Sequencer playback direction
Sequencer step / stage length (like vector and usta)

5 Likes

Extend midi tracks CCs to 127.
I want to use 123 for ALL NOTES OFF for instance.

1 Like