Digitone feature requests!

Multimap features missing (…looking at you A4)

I really would like to see this implemented in multimap mode.

But even more the function to trigger a pattern once without starting the sequencer to fire of complex arps and fills etc.

Transpose patterns would also be really handy.

1 Like

-Headphone-only monitoring of patches from the sound pool?
-Arpegiator on the MIDI track?
-Separate FX controls on the EXT input?
-transposition oct± of a patch in a preview browser would be useful as well

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with the lfo depths, they allow a much wider modulation range, from very subtle to very extreme - the pitch modulation is tuned so 1 = 1 semi tone, which allows some great tricks like a square wave lfo with +12 depth creating octave jumps. For a simple vibrato you’ll want less than 1 semi tone fluctuation, 0.2 is a good warble sound. Play around with it, it’s pretty great :slight_smile:

Thanks for this comment, I should have been more clear.

I agree, that’s how the lfo depth > pitch mod works and it’s great.

The problem I have is Pitch Wheel > LFO Depth: that control CANNOT be set less than a semitone, making subtle ranges impossible. I want to add a bit of slight vibrato along with the pitch, but it’s too much at 1 when used alongside the pitch bend of a semitone. It needs to work so that you can enter decimal values like the LFO Depth, but it doesn’t from that one menu.

1 Like

I should add that using other parameters with the straight pitch bend is really important to me to get more natural sounding bends. And Elektron has supported this really well, much better than most. So major KUDOS! I don’t want to seem critical, I’m getting a lot out of the way it’s set up. It’s just this one thing I’d like changed.

I have AK and DT and they are two of my all time favorite instruments.

2 Likes

Ah, I understand, sorry for misunderstanding! Yeah, for that use 1 semitone may be a bit too much, unless you’re really subtle with the modwheel

1 Like

Transpose patterns is already possible - hold PTN and then use the up or down buttons, and then let go of PTN. It’ll wait till you let go of PTN to transpose, which is quite handy. You can then save these transposed patterns to other spots if you want to be able to jump around between a few transposition settings on a single pattern.

:metal:

1 Like

I know it can be done manually. And it feels like a waste of patterns to have transposed versions of each pattern :thinking: I just would like to see the feature available in Multimap mode, like on the A4. I don’t see myself using it regulary. But I think it is a great feature to have for trying out things which generates ideas or new directions when feeling out of ideas.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, misunderstood. Not familiar with the A4 but that could be cool in the DN multimap for sure. Need to explore that feature a bit more myself

No worries, the requests in my post was all about multimap functionality :slight_smile:
I feel like the multimap functionality is a little bit too limited for unsynced jamming and musical idea generation at the moment since the only mode for pattern play also starts the sequencer…

Two octave range keyboard mode for modal scales would be cool.

Now, when you activate any modal scale, only 8 picked chromatic TRIG keys are active, the other half being useless. In two range mode, they could be packed into 1-8 TRIG keys (so 1-8 would now actually refer to scale degrees), and 9-16 could then be another octave (below or above).

3 Likes

Has anybody already mentioned p-lockable arp? :frowning:

11 Likes

Now that OS 1.30 is out, I’ll repeat my feature request to allow activation of the Arpeggiator for MIDI tracks, since it was not implemented. Would make my life so much easier, since I’m using the Digitone Keys as centerpiece of my setup, and some of my attached Synths are Monosynths (e.g. the Moog Sirin). Would be so cool to record chords on the steps, set a slower tempo for the track and let the Arp do its thing!

13 Likes

Agree! The update is really awesome. Fixes some bugs I was running into and adding class compliant audio interface capabilities is a huge and unexpected boon. But I still really want the arpeggiator on my MIDI tracks!

6 Likes

P-Lockable arp and the arp offsets adhere to the scale would be great!

6 Likes

Has nailed most of my requests and sorted that annoying voice retrigger click - what’s not to like? Add an exponential decay option to the envelopes and I’ll be happy.

4 Likes

Light CPU

1. An extra destination per LFO. Put LFOs on their own page.

2. Smoothed random LFO shape

3. (from way above) New algorithm with 3 modulators modulating 1 carrier (a 3-way branch structure). Nine algorithms would be perfect and shouldn’t require any more CPU power than the other eight algorithms.

4. Fixed operator ratios (specify in Hz on the same page with ratio offsets)

5. Bit-Rate Reduction fx.

Definite CPU impact

1. Loopable envelope as a modulator

2. Another LFO or at least a simple pitch LFO

This box is becoming a legend and is my fav; let’s seal the deal!

10 Likes

Like Velocity, Length, Prob…all Trig page parameters…

1 Like

1.30 OS, Step Recording.
I don’t find normal to have to press Function to play notes, as the active step advance anyway. I’d rather use Function to select the active step.
Anybody can find a good reason for actual behavior ? (apart from selecting whole Length values in Jump mode, still holding Function)
feature-request@elektron.se

I’m sure there are lot’s of reasons for it to work the way it does. For example, if it was the other way around, adding p-locks wouldn’t work because holding function and changing a parameter jumps to preset values.