Digitone feature requests!

I kinda like it, it’s like a little hidden trick

Definitely glad it works, and it’s a cool way to get around track limitations (trig playing Arp with a long length using a different root note so it doesn’t get killed by a subsequent trig), but it’s not a direct replacement offering the exact functionality of retrigger. I love retrigger because I can do it instantly and live while a sequence is looping; the workaround requires both planning and some prep time. Ideally, there would be both. I adore using the DN as a drum synth, but this and a few other omissions really make some pretty basic things quite a bit more difficult.

2 Likes

an oscilliscope mode.

2 Likes

I understand, I guess I don’t want more gear atm. I have a digitone and a laptop. I like the limitations, it’s all I need right now. Favourite little box of magic. Couldn’t imagine life without a digitone lol.

Although a sampler would be nice. Maybe a digitakt or an octatrack.

Yeah I saw that interesting trick but I think @Johanheinsen was talking about retrigs sent with midi tracks…

1 Like

Ahh sorry about that

2 Likes

ah sorry, these mega threads are difficult to keep straight.

Hmm. Why?

I would prefer a Spectrum Mode

2 Likes

It’s useful. Especially with things like FM, I plug the Digitone into an oscilloscope when I’m playing around with parameters so I can get a visual idea of how things work. Maybe it’s a eurorack thing? I dunno.

1. Patameter lock per step also on the master page (would be a nice to have the control of the effects on line inputs within steps in midi tracks).
  2. Record and playback of controls like aftertouch or mod wheel in live recording
1 Like

It’d also be amazing to plock the aftertouch/modwheel/etc params

1 Like

A percentage knob or setting of how much randomisation happens.

For example, When we use ‘Syn1 + Yes’ to randomise that page’s functions, it would be nice if you could select ‘randomise by 20% - so it does still randomise that page but not too far from the original sound.

Sometimes a total 100% randomise is great, but there are times when I like the original sound and just want to randomise it a little bit.

4 Likes

I’d like to be able to set a voice to shift register functionality - like the layer in the voice menu but set to a number of steps behind.

+1
Usually it randomises too strongly so less percentage would be great.

I would like mute mode to work with trigs. When in mute mode hitting a trig mutes it but does not take it out of the sequence and pressing it again unmutes it leaving all parameters the same

Why is this not a good idea?

1 Like

I wish Elektron would look into Drambo for next update. They could at least add rudimentary wavetable machine, karpus strong and waveguide, if there is a enough memory space.

Auto Naming. It would speed stuff up. If only to get away from the tedious inputting method.

Also I can never come up with decent names for anything and by the time i’ve thought of something my mind has drifted away from making tracks to making up names…

Mod wheel as LFO destination, so four parameters can be modulated with a single LFO. If there is no plan to add extra LFO or free envelope.

3 Likes

You can copy and paste names