Digitone feature requests!

I wish it was possible to disable “Send to Main” for the Inputs (Dual, L, R). Currently the Signal is needlessly doubled when using Overbridge. You get the dry Input via the Input Channel and you get the mixed dry + wet via the Main. Imho, it would be much better if it was possible to only get the wet Signal (Chorus, Delay, Reverb) via the Main, since you already get the dry Signal from the individual Channels.

Alternatively (or maybe in addition) it would also be useful to be able to send the Input signal to the FX without turning up the Inputs Level (on the Ext-Mixer Page).

1 Like

MIDI ARP
New Algorithms
Machines
Shimmer Reverb

3 Likes

When editing a step’s notes to make a chord (hold a Rec step+Add Notes), there should be a way to preview that chord without having to leave the editor.

Holding the now-red Add Notes and tapping Yes to preview the step’s content would be ideal.

5 Likes

I thought this was already a thing. Is it just on the digitakt?

trig audition works just the same as in the other devices (trig+yes), but the digitone has an additional chord editor mode where auditioning isn’t currently possible.

3 Likes

+1 vote for bandpass filter in main filter section!

10 Likes

Sustain or Hold function!

Sustain is already in it (listed in the manual as a midi cc) , but you need an external midi controller to activate it.

Need to have it somewhere else, maybe in the arp button?

not sure if mentioned before but assign LFO destination by holding the LFO button and moving encoder: instead of scrolling the list of destinations it would be great if you could also assign it by holding the LFO button and just touching your param, for example you’re on the FILTER page and you want to modulate the FREQ, so instead of going to LFO and scrolling almost to the bottom you can just hold the LFO and touch the FREQ encoder, it would assign the FREQ to the current LFO that’s in the menu and then you can switch to the LFO page and tweak the modulation params.

I would even go further with this and use the movement of the encoder to set the depth, you hold the LFO and move encoder up or
down in values and it would set the depth to positive or negative based on the direction you’re moving

10 Likes

i’ve thought similar too (there are other ideas out there in other threads for other elektron devices), your idea would be great (i was thinking about a ‘last touched’ entry at the top of the LFO destinations list, but yours is more direct)

this might be better in the other ‘for all elektron devices’ thread btw

I’m not that familiar with ST and not sure that lfos implemented the same way, if it is then yeah it would fit all digis

i’ll cross post it anyway :slight_smile:

It would be great to have a modulation matrix as the AH+FX. At least to add a second destination to the enveloppes A and B.
It would be very nice to see the ctrl all machines from the Monomachine added in the Digitone. It could fix the lack of fx track.

4 Likes

im not sure about implementation of control all in monomachine, but if you hold MIDI button and twist a knob, it will affect all 4 tracks.

Yes, this is the ctrl all function. On Machinedrum, you have ctrl all machines that allow to sequence and modulate the ctrl all.

2 Likes

i think an automation lane machine that eats up a track but allows for parameter slides (also for ctrl all) would be killer, in that case.

4 Likes

Yes, and in fact on machinedrum you also have ctrl all machines for effects that allow to sequence and modulate master effects. I would love to see the same thing on DN, this is why I said it would fix the lack of fx track.
For me, it would be no problem to “sacrifice” a track on DN because I always use the 8 voice polyphony on just a single track with many plocks :rofl:

2 Likes

I haven’t missed the option to control the fx to be honest, as they’re fairly simple «bread and butter» fx. Thinking of it, it might be cool to be able to p-lock the delay time though.

I guess it might be possible to use the midi tracks for this? With midi loopback?

I love the idea of using the operator envelopes for other stuff. Maybe the filter envelope too. The envelopes could complement the LFOs as modulation sources (I always, always run out of LFOs…)

Yes with midi loopback, it’ simple but you loose both midi input and output. It also allows to use the midi LFOs on the audio tracks :wink:

Yeah, that’s certainly a drawback. Maybe it’s possible to avoid with something like the Midihub or other midi merging device.

I must admit I’ve never tried midi loopback… too lazy :sweat_smile: Have you tried it?

Yes I tried it and it worked well, no glitch. Now I always use an Axoloti as midi processor to generate master tempo for DN and I sequence and modulate it with midi tracks. So it allows me lfo on tempo, tempo per step, random tempo, etc… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I gotta try it some day… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like