Digitone feature requests!

1. More filter types for filter 1: peak, notch, bandpass

2. Copy FM operator amplitudes to the synth page 1, while keeping them also on the page with FM envelopes. They can replace feedback and detune on this page. Move feedbsck and detune somewhere else.

3. MIDI merge funtionality

4. Possibility of receiving relative MIDI parameter values

5. Possibility of sending machone state as in Octatrack via CC61

4 Likes

It has been probably mentioned before and Iā€™m not sure whether the internal structure would allow thisā€¦ anyway: Letā€™s have LFOs for each operatorā€™s pitch range individually, please.

A Tune All control per track, on SYN2 page I guess. Which would basically calculate what tuning amounts would be need per operator to key the timbre exactly the same.

This is implemented already in the LFOs so, easy, I think.

Digitakt and Syntakt have this ability but not Digitone. I know the latter has the Offsets, but itā€™s tricky to coordinate all 4 of them when the ratios are different, to give the same timbre.

Thanks

2 Likes

Trig parameters; FILL

It would be nice if Fill selections were a 3 way toggle; independent of the probability. For rhythmic tracks it would give dynamic control of evolving Fill notes and be a another tool for playing live.

3 Likes

I would be neat to get a comb filter on the DN and additional envelopes and LFO.

2 Likes

Release start LFO mode.
LFO that starts as soon as amp envelope enters release state.

Digitone has so many options for attack modulations, but none for release.
If you know a workaround for this, would love to hear.

3 Likes

The ability to save MIDI LFOs with the sound

Route MIDI LFO to synth parameters internally, so that weā€™d get smooth LFO, instead of an interpolated one via MIDI loopback.

Complex envelope and two more LFOs as modulators

Pitch Tracking LFOs for pseudo 8 operators FM

Some of features that would have been implemented form the getgo

Fixed frequency ratios, Random for Arpeggiator, Parameter Slide

Hi there,

probably been asked for many times over?

chords

An option for programming trigs, like holding and choosing the Trig Note value, but instead choose a Chord from a list / menu or something similar?

Or another option:

Chord Pool
Just like the ā€˜soundpoolā€™ but instead have it contain midi/note values of chords/progressions

Maybe like: hold the desired Trig + FUNC + (level data) rotary dial

Would be nice !!!

Thanks @Elektron
and cheers all :metal:

If even some more spare time and not only having the main focus currently be on the latest sibling SYNtakt,ā€¦

I used to own a groovebox, yes i do recognize similarities (and moreover in the way the manual was designed)

The thing i liked most about the mc505 was the swing/shuffle quantization i remember.

It didnā€™t only micro shift notes for a nice shuffle effect, but it also did something with the velocity, which gave it a nice swinging pulse / breathing

So now for another one of my silly feature requests:ā€¦

(like the one that got implemented: the preview trig on holding the trig + yes button, thanks for the lifesaver :wink: )

Iā€™d like a shuffle quantization option menu:

We have the quantize option, would it be possible to have an option to add a velocity shuffle layer (automation) and maybe some other parameters in there?

like e.g controlling the attack of a sound slightly to control the transient (hard attack) spikes and have softer softer ones follow?

Or do a faux side chaining pumping/ducking with velocity slides?

Or like in cubase, where you can make custom quantization presets: have a quantize menu like the arp menu?
Program a Track sequence and save it as a Quantize preset??? (saving certain trig parameter data only, like velocity, attack, filter, etc. Not the note value. And then being able to instantly apply it into a new sequence without having to go over the motions to program every Trig by hand every time)

You can maybe call it like TRIG MEMORY
or something along those lines, instead of regular quantization :wink:

Anyway, hope you give it a thought.

Thanks again :wink:

:metal:

Also still like to see the TB slide, attack, and tied notes, as well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: as an option when programming trigs:

:muscle: Digitone !!!

1 Like

PS:

another Trig programming option, for in between notes:
PiTCH SLiDE

somewhat like a Polyend Tracker, or for that matter any old school Amiga tracker

the Pitch up/down Trig parameter
(which is in a sense almost like a ā€˜tied noteā€™ or something like ā€˜portamentoā€™) if you can control the speed of the pitching slope?

Or a note played prior sliding up towards the desired pitch of the next note following?

I tried to program pitch notes / Trigs with the modwheel parameter, but i somehow canā€™t seem to manage to set it up properly.
(maybe somebody here has succeeded and would like to share how itā€™s done?)

:metal:

For the pitch slides, you want to look into Legato mode and play with Portamento amounts.

1 Like

Thanks, @johnl
i will check it out

just sent to Elektron :slight_smile:

For the DN, could you please enable the chromatic keyboard to be shifted left and right by single ā€œstepsā€, so that you can e.g. shifting it one step to the right, so that pressing the ā€œ9ā€ button now plays a B note?

When holding down sequencer step button to edit that trig, and pressing left/right to scroll through notes on the ā€œpiano rollā€, could you please enable continuous scrolling if the left or right button is held?

2 Likes

Scales fold functionality from the Syntakt pretty please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Being able to set a start position for the playhead and set loop points would be awsome.

2 Likes

Maybe iā€™m an idiot,ā€¦

ā€˜Ring Modā€™ ???
For some additional worlds planets filled with soundscapes, and noise - to take sounds into new unexplored dimensions?

(ofcourse on a Trig step basis, like an instrument parameter)

(a simple phaser, as an effect would also be nice :wink: )

Additive mode?
(for crafting sounds the old FM style way, combining waveforms

Pure Sine, Saw, Triangle, Square and Noise?
on/off as the main carrier

(silly request nr 3)

(I wouldnā€™t mind if there was a Mode Switch

Like a menu to switch Modes on a per project basis, or better yet ā€˜eniginesā€™ to choose from (like MnM) on a per track basis

Engine/Mode 1: Pure Digitone Awesomeness

Engine/Mode 2: TB style sequencing mode
(all the cream and chirp, note latch, legato, simple cut/rez, etc)

Engine/Mode 3: Oldskool FM additive style >

Engine/Mode 4: FM Chip models (Sids, ym2612, etc)

< maybe do a collab with the incredibly talented guy from Plogue, on a new digi box and make an entirely new one !!! (box of chips) + ā€˜swedish sequencingā€™, now who wouldnā€™t want to buy that!!!

Super silly Supersaw mode? 8 voices max = 16 operators right? so have 3 channels be monophonic without note stealing and you can have a lovely 10 layer supersaw stack to quench thirst walking around dunes in the dry enchanting digitone desert? Just add a folding dial and some phaser action and FTW who needs a Virus?

Or revisit the Monomachine and make it an OT sized beauty - a flagship MnM 3.0 !!! Combining all the best of technology developed over decades of Elektron! The pillar of creation!

Sorry, iā€™ll stop my sillyness, just some ring mod and maybe a phaser would be nice :wink:

Thanks @Elektron and cheers :metal:fellow Elektron fanboy / fangirl, elektronauts !

3 Likes

We can take song mode off the list! I didnā€™t think I would care that much but it does open so many possibilities for me, like changing short patterns (think 5-7 steps) faster than would be humanly possible. The flexibility with muting tracks or changing track lengths in the song mode is awesome.

My big one now is to just let us p-lock the arp directly rather than that time consuming workaround with the sound locks.

Aside from something that would just completely change the nature of the machine (I want 4 independent operators with independent EGs, but not gonna happen) and some annoying midi niggles this is a full featured device for me.

The only popular request left is passthrough of PB/MW/AT :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

And midi arp.

3 Likes

Overbridge sending the multitrack audio to non-DAW USB devices

MIDI ARP!!
And slide trigsā€¦

3 Likes