Digitone feature requests!

I cant believe it took me so long to realize - phase offsets :control_knobs:

4 Likes

I would love if elektron would clean up the midi implementation a little, specifically to allow CC control of the operator frequency offsets. I’d love to ride these on a fader to have precise control of detuning or to externally sequence them. (or with midi loopback and squarewave LFOs…)

They’re currently only editable through NRPN, but there are several CC values that aren’t really useful in the “Trig Parameters” page. Most of these parameters set up the sequencer, but they don’t do anything to the sound directly. They still require the digitone’s sequencer to be manually programmed on the machine, so it doesn’t really help to have remote controls for them. I doubt anyone is using CCs to control the sequencer’s root, velocity, trig length, filter trig, or lfo trig parameters. (CCs 3,4,5,13, and 14) These CC values could be freed up for control of the operator offsets, which are actually practical to control remotely.

3 Likes

It would be a game changer if we could route track output so its possible to mute a track from the main headphone mix output while outputting from left/right outputs to effects and back into the input. Like a cue out.

So that I can run tracks out of the L/R output into effects chains and back into the input without a feedback loop.

Unfortunately the main output and headphone out are hard wired, so this isn’t something they could implement. But this is already doable over the main out and usb out.

Wondering if this would be doable somehow: convert arp pattern to sequence. Microfreak has this feature and it’s quite inspiring and fun. That way you could “render” the arpeggiator notes and add details manually (conditionals, note length variations, etc.)

2 Likes

things id love to be added in Sound setup menu:

• keytrack submenu with all main parameters available for keytracking, with both positive and negative amounts

• volume offset/boost
    (high detail pad sounds always end up too quiet even at max AMP volume compared to more simple FM sounds, making balancing via amp/track volume uncomfortable)

• ratio offset correction
    (would make using interesting ratios much easier. Right now its either - adjust 4 of them by the same amount while trying to preserve the sound, or use an LFO, which are too valuable for that use)

1 Like

Rename for MIDI CC, coz I can’t remember which CC i assigned :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This should be a basic feature on every machine with a screen!

Would love to see even more work on MIDI implementation:

1. Digitone Arpeggiator be available for MIDI tracks.
  2. Parameter Lock External-In Effects (Routing Ext-Audio from MIDI device, would love to control the send effects (i.e. cut out Reverb/Delay on certain steps).

Suggestion for the digitone keys, holding both [MOD] and [PITCH] opens the velocity mod menu. Would be nice to have a shortcut to this rather than going to sound setup and scrolling :happy:

digitone keys: when controlling external devices, have the latch command saved/persist per slot (there are 8) same as it is with the 4 internal tracks and the 4 midi tracks. Currently it’s a single state for all 8 slots.

I’d like to see a new recording method, where recording starts when you press a note. This would make it easy to start creating a pattern using live playing, and without the metronome on.

Could maybe initiate it by holding record then pressing the “1” button, and call it trig recording or something like that.

Seems like it would be relatively easy to implement too, by simply having the first note played also start the transport recording in live mode.

5 Likes

It would be cool if there were an option in the menu to treat any one bank like a kit/part. e.g. every pattern in that bank shares the parameters, so that if you have a ‘song’ that uses multiple patterns, your changes to parameters will stay across the 16 patterns in that bank.

Essentially, when a pattern changes in a kit/part bank, only the sequencer data (with p locks ofc) is changed.

In the audio routing menu, you can use the trig switches to set which tracks are sent to main. It would be cool to use this same mechanism to select banks you want to be a kit/part. Therefore, you could choose to make Bank A into a kit but not Bank B, etc.

I know there’s a split between people who like kits and those who are happy that the digis don’t have them. I think hiding the option to turn it on/off away in settings would satisfy both.

3 Likes

Would be great to be able to control how random the randomizer was, perhaps on a scale of 1-100%, with the percentage being how far it strayed from the current settings with 100% being completely random.

This would allow users to create variations of patches relatively easily. In other words, have a bass sound you like but want to create a slight variation? Hold “Yes” and press a synth page, then you’d have a percentage pop up allowing you to set it from 1-100% and in this instance say 10%, then hit “Yes” again to implement a random variation that was only 1/10th away from the original settings.

I know the plugin Lo-Fi-Af does this, and I’m sure there are others as well. It’s very useful for creating patches.

5 Likes

Am I overlooking a simple workaround? I’d really like the option to switch the free running LFO from bipolar to unipolar.

1 Like

I could be mistaken but I don’t think there’s a setting for that, only by offsetting the destination param value and lfo depth, otherwise all waveforms are bipolar in free mode.

2 Likes

Sadly only exponenial and ramp waveforms are unipolar.

1 Like

@alechko I’m pretty sure you’re not mistaken. Sure, unipolar waveforms can be assigned in free mode, but they’re only active for half the LFO cycle. This excludes slow longer evolving modulation. I’ve played around with assigning and offsetting the 2nd lfo to the same parameter, but it’s convoluted and uses up the valuable 2nd lfo which we need for other duties!

Me thinks unipolar free running lfo mode is a humble request.

2 Likes

what I meant is you can shift the range, for example if you want the filter to modulate between 50-80 you can set the filter to 65 and lfo depth to 15, would that work as sort of unipolar?

For some parameters, maybe, but for ratios, harmonics and wotnot, I’ve been wanting to have the base parameter and having lfos starting and going above and back, not under, if you get me. I’m wanting the unipolar waves to be retrigerd at 0 crossing.

1 Like