Digitone (DN+DT) only music

Very cool!

1 Like

Thank you for listening!

The soundscapes the DN can do keep impressing me. It really has become my go to box!

3 Likes

(@´ー`)ノ゙Dunes
Here’s a soft track in memory of the last weekend we had away from Paris (La Dune du Pilat)
The Digitone is pairing with the Cycles, with a little help from their friend Thermae.
Hope you’ll like it!

Hope it’s ok if the DN plays along the Model:Cycles?
Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place, let me know and I’ll delete it!

7 Likes

Super chill! Thanks for the share

1 Like

Thanks man!
Keep em going as well, really digged the last one you posted!

1 Like

some breaks, very into the illian tape roster atm. just digitone for every track posted. high bpm with some ambience and glitchy beats

4 Likes

Does anyone know if there is an app or aggregator for listening to all of the music that’s been posted in this thread? I’d love to listen to all of these Digitone-only tracks as I walk around in the morning without needing to scroll through all of them and hit play.

1 Like

That’d be dope, someone should make an elektronauts digitone playlist, throw it Spotify or bandcamp.

1 Like

Track was made primarily on the DN. 1 pattern, 128 BPM, and 128 steps on the bass track at half scale.

1 track for drums after watching the ever so helpful video by @Eaves :pray: :pray: and 3 tracks for synth duties (pad/bass/texture)

Then the A4 comes in with some spacy snare/hihats to add some flavor on the drums and a lil 8bit sounding melody to accompany the main pattern being repeated on the DN.

I woke up very early and made this. Hopefully this qualifies for this thread since the DN is the main instrument.

Also at the end I forgot my envelope was set to infinity so I start mashing the stop button for no reason until I finally double tap it :joy:

1 Like

Here’s a beat inspired by the Cardiacs’ “Jibber and Twitch”. It’s performed on an Elektron Digitakt and Digitone.

I got to thinking about ratcheting and decided to try it out on the digitakt. The vocals and some percussion are randomly ratcheted.

Digitone doesn’t have a retrigger like the digitakt, so all the ratcheting is done on the takt. People say they use the arp on the tone for ratcheting, but I haven’t tried that yet.

1 Like

Hey there, I’m currently working on my first Digitone/Keys sound pack and just to show you I’m not getting lazy, I made a little improvised space night demo of a few sounds from it. Played live in one pattern on the Digitone.

14 Likes

Fantastic! Right up my alley. Great Sounds!

2 Likes

Thank you @Tchu The pattern just happend yesterday while making sounds on the DN. Actually, I wanted to make a long structured song out of it, but then there wasn’t much gas left and I ended up playing an arp/bass loop while scrolling the last patches and try jamming to it. You can hear that because sometimes the patches interrupted each other as there were not enough voices left :yum: It should just show that I’m still try to keep it rolling and make patches for the Digitone! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Don’t worry. I fully understand that this wasn’t intended to be a Song. I was listening to the Sounds. I know that you are working hard for this future Sound Pack. You are a great Sound Designer!

3 Likes

thank you, that really means a lot to me :blush:

3 Likes

After one week fiddling with my new plockdown digitone might as well share the first patterns. Like the combo very much so far. No processing just audio over USB to old ipad.

2 Likes

What Have I Become ? Σ(°ロ°)
Hi! Something stung me and I found myself jamming over some kind of techno.
The Zoia’s only purpose here is to add some reverb, the rest is done on the DN.
Hope you’ll like it!

6 Likes

Just put out a new EP using DT+DN almost exclusively. Moody stuff!

5 Likes

(takt & tone) All audio coming straight off the boxes - Thoughts/questions/feedback? I like a lot of the drum sounds on the Digitone keys but the ability to re-trigger on the Digitakt just wins every time…

9 Likes